Spindle wear ring install?

Having issues putting the new ones on. Tried the old bearing trick, tried heating them up. Am I missing something. Do they need lubed to go back on? Ive used the search too

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Only ones I've ever messed with had an installation tool to drive them on with a hammer.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I wonder if instead of driving on with a hammer if someone has made a sleeve and kinda used the spindle nut as a press. Seems like it would work. Use old bearing then maybe a pvc or metal pipe sleeve then big washer or something similar then screw the nut on. Anyone see why this wont work

might be able to use a gear puller. Cheap ones at Harbor freight?

5. Member
    Well after a 2nd try im having much better luck. One thing i can say is you cant just square up one of these with a pipe and just hammer them on. It works much better if you can rock them on by hitting one side then the other. Old inner bearing and a pc of 2x4 worked best for me.

Did you rub your hand on the spinal and feel for burrs??? It does not take much to stop anything from going over the spinal. If there area a few burs, get a grinder and lightly file those guys off!!!!
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!