Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RT178/188 or 17/18TX Factory Boarding Ladder

Anyone with either an RT 178/188 or a Triton 17/18 TX with the factory boarding ladder, could you please post a pick of it. I ordered my boat without this option, thinking I would add a second Power-Pole not knowing that this would void the hull warranty.It looks like they have already pre-drilled the transom for it, since I have 4 screws that aren’t attaching anything to the transom.Anyone ordered this this after delivery?If so how much and did you go through the dealer?

2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

3. Member
    Here's a pic of mine:

Link

4. Member
    My twins

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AceTango View Post
    Anyone with either an RT 178/188 or a Triton 17/18 TX with the factory boarding ladder, could you please post a pick of it. I ordered my boat without this option, thinking I would add a second Power-Pole not knowing that this would void the hull warranty.It looks like they have already pre-drilled the transom for it, since I have 4 screws that aren’t attaching anything to the transom.Anyone ordered this this after delivery?If so how much and did you go through the dealer?

Those screws you see arent predrilled for a Power Pole. Look inside the your boat, I think their there to hold some type of plate up against the inside of the transom.
    2017 Ranger RT188 - Charcoal Metallic
    Passenger Console
    3 across seating/ 2 across seating at bow

Mercury 115 Pro XS 4s
    Spitfire X7 19p 4 blade prop
    Atlas Micro 4 inch Jackplate
    Mercmonitor Smartcraft
    Sportsman II Powerpole
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    TH Marine Eliminator Nut
    Recirc livewell
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI G2N GPS console for navigation
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI GPS G3N bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega console
    Mega 360
    Boatbuckle G2 trailer retractable tiedowns

Quote Originally Posted by Sewerdude View Post
    Those screws you see arent predrilled for a Power Pole. Look inside the your boat, I think their there to hold some type of plate up against the inside of the transom.
    Yep...4 bolts on either side of the engine for the vertical transom supports
    115 PRO XS

7. Member
    I used 2 of the 4 holes to mount a 1/4" aluminum plate to for a transducer bracket mount. It worked just fine last year without leaks and no holes drilled in the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    I used 2 of the 4 holes to mount a 1/4" aluminum plate to for a transducer bracket mount. It worked just fine last year without leaks and no holes drilled in the boat.
    I called Ranger and asked about making a custom bracket to mount a Talon using those 4 holes...they said they didn't recommend it,but I know it would
    be plenty strong enough...that's one thing I don't get about the RT's is theres no access to the inside of the transom past the splash well.
    Last edited by Ranger RT; 02-24-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    115 PRO XS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post
    If the hull were red, it would look just like mine. $179 + ~1 hr labor for install.

The stock 2-step ladder is only for spider monkeys and 6 yr olds. Get the 3-step ladder and mount it on the right side. Then put the talon on the left side. May help weight balance when you're by yourself.
    Think what would happen in this country if the many stopped fearing the few.

2015 RT 178 w/70hp Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumRanger View Post
    The stock 2-step ladder is only for spider monkeys and 6 yr olds. Get the 3-step ladder and mount it on the right side. Then put the talon on the left side. May help weight balance when you're by yourself.
    .....for spider monkeys and 6 yr olds.............that is so true and yet so funny.......

the weight distribution is a great idea as well.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

12. Member
    I didn't get a ladder when I ordered my Ranger. I now wish I had. As someone else said, there is no access to the inside of the transom past the splash well so I really can't mount a ladder. I'm not sure what I will do yet but I believe I need one. Any ideas?

I jump off mine all the time in the summer to cool off... Just swim back to the back corner and pull myself up..
    115 PRO XS

14. Member
    I jump off mine all the time in the summer to cool off... Just swim back to the back corner and pull myself up..
    I don't think I want to try that. I am only a young 56 years old but way past my jumping in and swimming days. I do remember doing it a lot when I was younger and fishing in the summer heat. Sucks getting older.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tnbassin View Post
    I didn't get a ladder when I ordered my Ranger. I now wish I had. As someone else said, there is no access to the inside of the transom past the splash well so I really can't mount a ladder. I'm not sure what I will do yet but I believe I need one. Any ideas?
    I don't have this one but I've seen it mentioned a bunch. It's made by a board member/sponsor. It mounts over the motor mount bolts.

http://www.thebassboatladder.com/

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    I don't have this one but I've seen it mentioned a bunch. It's made by a board member/sponsor. It mounts over the motor mount bolts.

http://www.thebassboatladder.com/
    That may be the answer. I will investigate it Thanks :)

I don't think I want to try that. I am only a young 56 years old but way past my jumping in and swimming days. I do remember doing it a lot when I was younger and fishing in the summer heat. Sucks getting older.
    I'm 52
    115 PRO XS

18. Member
    I'm 52
    Your next 4 years will be tougher. Just kidding but I still wouldn't try it.

19. Member
    I use my ladder in the summer. I guess my Cougar was about the only boat I recall not having one. It had one of those e-ladders. Now that contraption is for youngsters!

Your next 4 years will be tougher. Just kidding but I still wouldn't try it.
    They may beJust jump off and act like there's a alligator under you.. You'll get in there
    115 PRO XS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast