Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maxxis M8008

18 50.00%
  • New Goodyear Endurance Trailer

18 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno 615 View Post
    I just mounted a set of endurance on my single axle last night. Going to the lake in the morning, so I will let you know how they do.
    How did you make out with the tires?
    Boatless

2. Member
    They seemed to pull great from the 60 or so miles that I put on them this weekend. Definitely are a much beefier tire, they are shorter but wider than the same size tire they replaced. Zero complaints so far.

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Good year has a new tire that is American made and has a higher speed rating. Suppose to be much better. My partner TNhunter just ordered a set.

My last few trailers have run low profile car tires. Never had an issue with my 1/8 mile trip to the ramp, but I know they have been towed all over the country without any issues.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    This isn't going to be the popular opinion, but I've gone to the Towmax STR II on mine after talking with some buddies who run a tire shop and after my issues with Goodyear Marathons. When I bought the boat it had 3 Marathons on it. The first shredded, I caught the second one right before it did, and the third one got a bulge in it somehow. The Towmaxes run $52 a piece for my boat and I haven't had a bit of issue out of them.

Whatever you get, I'd shoot for a load range D if at all possible for a single axle.
    I put a set of Tow Max STR-II's on my Triton a few weeks back. They are made in Mayfield Kentucky by General Tire and look like really good tires. I paid $80.00 per tire, mounted and balanced. I have read a lot of good review's on them so I thought I'd give them a try. I haven't ran them enough to have an opinion yet but I will be pulling the boat about 200 miles this weekend so we will see how they perform. I have read a go-zillion threads about tires on here and you will find people that love a certain brand and others that hate that same brand. Unfortunately it's more or less a roll of the dice when you buy trailer tires.

Marathons were the gold standard for a long time until Goodyear decided send the production to China and they have gone down hill ever since. They could have a corner on the market if they produced a good product but fact is, they don't!

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I put a set of Tow Max STR-II's on my Triton a few weeks back. They are made in Mayfield Kentucky by General Tire and look like really good tires. I paid $80.00 per tire, mounted and balanced. I have read a lot of good review's on them so I thought I'd give them a try. I haven't ran them enough to have an opinion yet but I will be pulling the boat about 200 miles this weekend so we will see how they perform. I have read a go-zillion threads about tires on here and you will find people that love a certain brand and others that hate that same brand. Unfortunately it's more or less a roll of the dice when you buy trailer tires.

Marathons were the gold standard for a long time until Goodyear decided send the production to China and they have gone down hill ever since. They could have a corner on the market if they produced a good product but fact is, they don't!
    If those are made in Kentucky, that is news. Do the DOT codes on the tires start with AD now?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I hope that enough people give the GY Endurance a chance to get that corner back. I think they could, but better hit it out of the park or many customers will be lost forever.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    If those are made in Kentucky, that is news. Do the DOT codes on the tires start with AD now?
    Yes they do start with AD. I have a app on my I phone that you can put the DOT number in and it will tell you where the tire was made, the date is was made, how old the tire is and when the tire will expire. You can even find out what the local weather was like on the day the tire was made. I assume the expiration date is when you should replace the tire regardless of tread wear. Let me correct myself. it don't actually give you a date but it tells you how long the tire has left. Mine says 5 years, 35 weeks. You can save your tire in the app and it will give you how long the tire has left each time you pull it up.

It's a free app and it's called "Tire Facts". Pretty neat.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MN1965 View Post
    I hope that enough people give the GY Endurance a chance to get that corner back. I think they could, but better hit it out of the park or many customers will be lost forever.
    Ordered a set today, we'll see how they do.

9. Member
    Just purchased my third set of West Lake trailer tires from "Trailer tires & wheels in Edon, OH. This is a total of 8 tires and wheels. They have great pricing on tires, wheels and shipping rates. No issues with any set. First set is on the 25' deck boat that weighs in around 4000 lbs with approximately 3000 miles of use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12