Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maxxis M8008

18 50.00%
  • New Goodyear Endurance Trailer

18 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trailer tire decision help

Need to replace my tires...2011 Ranger 118 on single axle....looking for suggestions.
    Thanks
    Boatless

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Definitely not the 8008 on a single axle.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I need to get a set for my 188 single axle in the next few weeks, I'm thinking about the new Goodyear Endurance.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I need to get a set for my 188 single axle in the next few weeks, I'm thinking about the new Goodyear Endurance.
    If you get 'em,keep us posted on your thoughts. (NATURLLY) I just replaced my tires late last year.

Good Year sucks.. nuff said!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post

That didn't take long.

As in a hundred other threads like this one, the Goodyear Marathon will be the most loved or most hated tire in America. Personally, I haven't had a bad one in 20 years on 3 different tandem trailers, but I know others have. It's nice to have a made in America option again. Hopefully, the Endurance will prove to be a good one.

7. Member
    I just bought a set of carlisle radial trail HD. Load range D. Going on my single axle trailer.

Put new KUMOS on wifes 4x4 last year, finally wash tire day came, noted said MADE IN VIETNAM on Side wall lolo. did good so far no issues . done good for winter traction But as far as Good years not bought any in years and never again. I'd buy Firestones 1st haha, and not those but once.

9. Member
    Put as set of these on my ranger single axle 3 years ago. They follow great, no sway and no noticeable wear. 65lb tires

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...141220203826:s

After w h at Firestone went through a few years back they are probably be best tire available!

I had a set on my last Dodge Ram t h at were great as far as wear a n d traction!
    Old Retarded Jarhead
    Master Sergeant of Marines (Retired)

I went with the endurance....honestly there is a bad experience with every tire mentioned here.. lol
    Boatless

12. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Definitely not the 8008 on a single axle.
    Why?
    I ran them on my bass boat trailer, 24' ski boat (w/ v8 engine)trailer my utility trailer which is usually abused with weight. All of these mentioned are single axle, I never had any problems. I keep the air pressure at Max rating and check every trip.

In fact before these I ran marathons all around and around the southeast never a problem. The only tire I've ever had a problem with was a 2 week old Carlisle, belt separated and they would not warranty so done with them.

Curious as to why your against the m8008?
    215/75r14 is rated for 1870lbs @ 50psi.

13. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    Why?
    I ran them on my bass boat trailer, 24' ski boat (w/ v8 engine)trailer my utility trailer which is usually abused with weight. All of these mentioned are single axle, I never had any problems. I keep the air pressure at Max rating and check every trip.

In fact before these I ran marathons all around and around the southeast never a problem. The only tire I've ever had a problem with was a 2 week old Carlisle, belt separated and they would not warranty so done with them.

Curious as to why your against the m8008?
    215/75r14 is rated for 1870lbs @ 50psi.
    1870lbs is still light for a single axle. 3740lbs total with the industry standard 20% margin gives you only 2992lbs weight on wheels capacity. And you are limited to 65mph. If you go faster, the weight capacity goes down from there. Unless you've had your loaded boat on a scale and know you aren't pushing the weight limit and you never run at interstate speeds, that tire isn't acceptable. If you like Maxxis, get the UE-168 Bravo. 99mph speed rated and another ~650lbs capacity. Check out the calculations and speed ratings in this post http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post6208861
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Had a set of Carlisle on my previous boat for 9 years! Never had a single problem.

Bought a brand new boat in October with matrathons and one already had a leaking valve steam.
    2017 - Phoenix 919 / 225hp Pro Xs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassboater101 View Post
    Bought a brand new boat in October with matrathons and one already had a leaking valve steam.
    What the heck does that have to do with the tire? Either the stem or the wheel is the problem, neither one of which is in any way the fault of the tire itself

16. Member
    I just mounted a set of endurance on my single axle last night. Going to the lake in the morning, so I will let you know how they do.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^^

18. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    1870lbs is still light for a single axle. 3740lbs total with the industry standard 20% margin gives you only 2992lbs weight on wheels capacity. And you are limited to 65mph. If you go faster, the weight capacity goes down from there. Unless you've had your loaded boat on a scale and know you aren't pushing the weight limit and you never run at interstate speeds, that tire isn't acceptable. If you like Maxxis, get the UE-168 Bravo. 99mph speed rated and another ~650lbs capacity. Check out the calculations and speed ratings in this post http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post6208861
    Hmm I may need to makes some changes cause I have a heavy foot.

This isn't going to be the popular opinion, but I've gone to the Towmax STR II on mine after talking with some buddies who run a tire shop and after my issues with Goodyear Marathons. When I bought the boat it had 3 Marathons on it. The first shredded, I caught the second one right before it did, and the third one got a bulge in it somehow. The Towmaxes run $52 a piece for my boat and I haven't had a bit of issue out of them.

Whatever you get, I'd shoot for a load range D if at all possible for a single axle.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

20. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=788986

The Endurance is a new American made tire, the specs look pretty good.
    Last edited by bassnman81; 02-27-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast