Dealership Rant.

I took my 115 E-TEC in for water pump, plugs and filters. I normally do it myself, but super busy at work. A month after I got it back I had a little time so I removed the cowling; two of the four plugs were indexed completely backwards! The sorriest part is I swapped the plugs around and they indexed properly, go figure. Oh and their shop rate is 110 per hour for their certified mechanics. Ok I'm done, I feel better now.

2. Member
    Maybe a call to the owner to let him know would be in order-he could be unawares of the work been done in the workshop. You tend to find if a plug does not line up on one bank it is good to go on the other bank on the V E-TEC's.

3. Member
    Quick question, does indexing spark plugs apply to older non E-TEC motors?

Quote Originally Posted by jackson_ranger View Post
    Quick question, does indexing spark plugs apply to older non E-TEC motors?
    Please don't hijack unknown angler's thread. Start a new one and read the FAQ
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

5. Member
    Wow.

6. Member
    Also, they installed Champion QC12PEP plugs, my 2007 service manual says QC10PEP was there an update ?

7. Member
    Not sure why the Wow, he asked nicley to start another post and the reasons being to keep this on track. To answer your question quickly, not necessary on carby engines, but an old racers trick is to have the gap facing the in coming charge from the transfer ports.

unknown, another hit against this place- QC12PEP were never used in the V4 platform. I run QC10WEP in pretty much all G1 E-TEC nowdays-except big blocks.