Smile TW Finally Shipping My Ultrex

Like a kid waiting for Christmas, I've been checking the backorder status of the 24v 45" Ultrex Link I have on order at Tackle Warehouse since January. I just checked a little while ago and the backorder on my TM was moved back again from 3/11 to 4/9. I called TW to see about getting a refund on the gift card I bought it with. He said they would give me the refund, no problem. Then I asked if they had a 52" in stock and sure enough they do....$54 more on the cc and the Ultrex will ship out tomorrow should receive the end of next week.

Not sure what complications are involved with getting the longer shaft as far as mounting goes. Also I'm sure the cover will be a problem but it would be a problem with the 45" shaft as well.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

2. Member
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

3. Member
    Thanks man. I might try the same tomorrow!
    Pete | 2011 Ranger Z118 | Yamaha HPDI 150

4. Member
    No more complicated with the longer shaft. .. I put the bolts in the same holes as my old Maxxum and it works great...I also got the 52in

Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    No more complicated with the longer shaft. .. I put the bolts in the same holes as my old Maxxum and it works great...I also got the 52in
    Oh Man! That's good news. I have been wondering about the hole pattern on my Maxxum. Seems everyone else is replacing a Fortrex.

I fish pretty shallow most of the time so I hope the extra 7" sticking up doesn't get in the way.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    I did the same thing first thing when they opened yesterday, except I went from the regular I-pilot to the link version of the 24V 80lb thrust 52 inch... I was too scared that April 9th was going to turn into later and later...it was worth the extra cost just to get it even though I have Lowrance graphs now, looks like my Gen 2 HDS touch is going on ebay! :) and I'll be switching to humminbird. Mine shipped yesterday now I won't have to worry about it once fishing season kicks in. I think we got the last 2 they had in stock....
    2009 Tracker Tournament V18
    Mercury Optimax 115

I'm kicking myself because I didn't do this sooner. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that they were showing 52" units in stock.

Just got back from the evil BPS with my new Helix 10 G2 SI. It's going to be a fun spring!!
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

8. Member
    No such luck for me. Tackle Warehouse pushed back my order again until April 9th (Ultrex 36v-112lb-45"-iPilot). I canceled my Tackle Warehouse order and purchased the same Trolling Motor from Universal Mania. Ordered on Sunday night and was delivered to my door Wednesday morning. Was only a couple hundred bucks more and they offered a 3 year extended warranty for $89, so it was a better deal for me.

9. Member