thinking of switching to humminbird. couple questions

on my lowrances they have a feature called distance to destination where I mark a location and it tells me in ft how far away I am. does the helixes do something similar? its nice because it doesn't make a waypoint right away. also is there a external puck similar to a point 1 for helix? it all looks so foreign to me. im interested in going with the mega helix. does networking require just a single Ethernet cable? thanks for any help.

2. Member
    You can move the cursor to any spot on the map and it will give you a distance from where you are at. The as gps hs is the heading GPS puck similar to the point 1. Networking 2 units together would only require an Ethernet cable and maybe Ethernet adapter, depending on which units you are looking at purchasing

One more thing, with Helix units, you cannot share the Heading Sensor unless you also share the GPS.
    That is different than Lowrance and Point1 where you can share the Heading Sensor separately.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    One more thing, with Helix units, you cannot share the Heading Sensor unless you also share the GPS.
    That is different than Lowrance and Point1 where you can share the Heading Sensor separately.
    Do you have to have a separate GPS or can you share the GPS that's in the heading sensor?

5. Member
    You would have to use both from the same receiver.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow