Unhappy 2001 Merc 150 xr6

SN 0T280565 2001 150L cr6 on 01 Triton TR186. Having problems with overheat alarm going off. Water pump was changed two years ago and he less than 50 hrs on it. Have put new thermostat in. After outtting thermostats in it started peeing water but then quit.
    Is not building water pressure at idle. Before the alarm goes off can create some water pressure but below 20. Do I need to replace the water impeller and what is the parts number for it if so.

2. Member
    start there always and all 3 gaskets 89984t4
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks for reply. I'll get the part ordered.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    From the Sticky at the Top of the Forum:

It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor