1988 stratos 201 evinrude xp150

I picked this boat up from a friend that he had setting in his yard for around 5 years. I know it's way underpowered with that 150 but it will allow me to get back on the water. It has a raker 14 1/2 x 22 on it. The prop is gonna have to be fixed where it's hit something and scuffed the edges and I'm still working the bugs out of the motor from where it has been sitting so long but what would yall recommend is a good prop for this boat and motor? The raker or something else?

2. Member
    Probably some kind of 4 blade in about a 21" pitch. See if you can try a Renegade 21.

3. Member
    I have a 92 274dcc with a 2000 evinrude fict I have no hole shot and my top speed is 43mph on gps and help would be greeat

4. Member
    Get the prop fix and run it.

5. Member
    Yep get the prop fix and run it .Or a 23p Tempest plus .....both is going to take a mile to get on plane , heavy boat with a 150 hp .

6. Member
    Take a good look at the transom too that boat has a lot of wood in it. Floors, decks and transom and they all rot.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    Yep get the prop fix and run it .Or a 23p Tempest plus .....both is going to take a mile to get on plane , heavy boat with a 150 hp .
    if propped right it will be a good boat.Fished out of one for 3years i put an 87 prov 150 on.Had a regular ol
    3blade ss prop on it and it did fine.Don't remember the pitch but it ran 54mph loaded for fishing.We ran sevral trips
    on ky and barkley lake 60-70mile round trips.never had a problem.Won a few dollars even.never had a problem with
    holeshot even with water in well and 40gallon of fuel.

8. Member
    I had one since new ,with a 1990 2.5 200 hp and has all ways been a tad slow out the hole . Back in the day the guys like the boat for the room and the hp rated for TX was only 150's .By the time most got on plan a would be a 1/2 mile down the lake ......i was only 110 wet also to now over 200 pounds ?
    Nice boats will never get rid of minds .