Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Only In Wisconsin

Today is going to be 60 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow blizzard conditions and they are calling for 8-12" of snow between tomorrow night and Friday. Guess I'll keep riding the snowmobile and ice fishing while Mother Nature makes up her mind.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

2. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    It's been a crazy winter up here too. I would take your snow, our trails went to hell last week

3. Banned
    Indiana can be the same way sometimes. Not expecting any snow, but supposed to be 20-30 degrees colder this weekend compared to right now, accompanied by some nasty winds.

We're getting a bit of a cool down this weekend, supposed to be a high of 49 Saturday. It's 70's today and tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dbuchmann View Post
    Today is going to be 60 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow blizzard conditions and they are calling for 8-12" of snow between tomorrow night and Friday. Guess I'll keep riding the snowmobile and ice fishing while Mother Nature makes up her mind.
    Only in Wisconsin....and Minnesota. Because we're getting exactly the same thing!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Thanks for the "heads up". I think I will pack up the boat and go to Florida
    for a couple of weeks til this weather makes up its mind. I will be thinking
    about you guys. My buddy who lives down there caught a 10.8 yesterday.
    He sent me a pic, didn't expect me to make a visit. Boy, will he be surprised!!

7. Member
    Almost 70 here in western Pa. crocus are blooming and daffodils are getting close. More and more robins every day.

We were in western NY last weekend. Lake Erie had zero ice, even in harbors. Chauatauqua Lake had maybe 10% open water. The ice was thin and very slushy. Naturally ice fishing is out. I went steelhead fishing and there was zero snow in a couple mile zone next to Lake Erie. Inland had maybe 7" of snow. Mayville NY has had 169.5" of snow to date. But most of that has melted. Erie Steelhead tribs were blown out due to the snow melt.

Their winter festival had no ice castle this year due to the lack of lake ice. Seen snowmobilers running with shorts on. Supposed to be warm until Sunday when winter returns. Crazy weather.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

80 here day and tomorrow but Sat 50ish with 30 for the low

You can come out here. People don't know what to drive to work. The boat or truck. Its that bad.
    1992 RANGER 392V 200 MERC

All I can say about you northerners the big cranes that come down for winter are heading your way in big numbers, think they might be sand hill cranes...

11. Banned
    same here is south Dakota 62 today and tomorrow they said between 7 and 19 inches of snow for us with 30 mph winds. im ready for winter to be over.

12. Member
    Welcome to Nebraska

Happens all the time in Fall & in Spring. Have had several where it was 70 degree @ noon & Snow was flying by the time I got off work......happens more often than I can remember here.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuchmann View Post
    that's any day in these parts !...hey does Spooner lake have any fish left in it?.....I fished that thing dry in the 70's lol

14. Banned
    BTW its snowmachine..... A snowmobile is that thing mom hung above your crib that spun around with the snowflakes hanging on it !

15. Banned
    Spooner is basically the Minnesota suburbs ain't it? I kid. Just rain down here in the SE.

Craziest thing about this is that it's 62 again here in Minneapolis today. This is the 8th time in 144 years of weather data that it's been above 60 during the entire month of February. The 5th, 6th, and 7th times were within the last week.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    that's any day in these parts !...hey does Spooner lake have any fish left in it?.....I fished that thing dry in the 70's lol
    Yes it does. Some nice bass and pike. I'm actually standing on the lake right now fishing for pan fish while I still can
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    Spooner is basically the Minnesota suburbs ain't it? I kid. Just rain down here in the SE.
    Basically! I hate it. Love seeing all the out of towners leave so it's quiet again
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LEN B View Post
    You can come out here. People don't know what to drive to work. The boat or truck. Its that bad.
    Saw them heading north on sunday in N. Illinois

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtlgator View Post
    All I can say about you northerners the big cranes that come down for winter are heading your way in big numbers, think they might be sand hill cranes...
    Saw them going north Sunday in northern Ill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast