TM Interference with Graph

Okay, I have the new Ultrex and I am getting a little interference on my graph when the TM is on. I have an ONIX 10, it is connected directly to the battery. I am not using the internal transducer, just using the transducer that came with the Onix. Did not have this before when I had the fortrex. What needs to be done to eliminate this?

thanks,
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

2. Member
    Most likely going to have to use the internal transducer on the Ultrex, or get a TM transducer from Hbird for the Onix. Your TM is causing interference with the frequency of your transducer. TM transducers supposedly have safeguards built in to prevent this from happening. As far as it not happening with the fortrex, that's because it is completely random if it happens or not.
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

I'm no expert on this subject but I know there is a bunch of threads on this subject with a handful of known ways to reduce RF interference

Here are just a few

There are some frequencies that get more interference than others try changing the frequency of the transducer signal

try to avoid putting the transducer cable near any power wires and wrap the extra cable in a figure eight

You can contact HB and ask them for a ferrite ring

if you have an onboard charger disconnect the chargers leads to the battery the Onix is connected to while fishing you may be getting feedback through the charger

You can do a search for more detailed information
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    I do have a TM Transducer for the ONIX on it.

There are some frequencies that get more interference than others try changing the frequency of the transducer signal.....This will not be a good idea, understand the concept but, going from 455-800 will be totally different and is something that is not recommended....now changing it to determine if that is a fix can do.

try to avoid putting the transducer cable near any power wires and wrap the extra cable in a figure eight. will need to try this, could be that it is laying close to the TM wires, will separate and try

You can contact HB and ask them for a ferrite ring...Just might need to do this anyway, where does one put thsi ferrite ring, anyone have any pics?

if you have an onboard charger disconnect the chargers leads to the battery the Onix is connected to while fishing you may be getting feedback through the charger...now this could be a possibility, would suck to have to do this all the dang time though. I should be able to check the console unit if it is getting feedback from the TM when in use.

You can do a search for more detailed information....yeah i know, but sometimes search can be a PITA (pain in the a$$) and reposting will get a lot quicker response.

Thanks for everyones help.....keep posting up.
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

"The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    thank you