Banned

Help with getting on plane

I have started having an issue with my boat not wanting to get on plane easily. I have a 1996 BassCat Pantera Classic/ 1996 200hp Evinrude Vindicator/ 25p Renegade prop at 4" below pad. My RPM gauge does not work so I couldn't tell you just how many RPMS I am turning. I haven't messed with the setup at all and had no issues last summer when I first bought the boat. Now in the cold weather and water I am having an issue with the prop blowing out when I try to get on plane. With just me, the bow will go over and then blow out when I try to increase speed. With 2 people, the bow doesn't want to go over. If I feather the throttle when getting on plane then I have no issue. The boat runs fine when I am up on plane. I have a video of it on the GoPro and can upload it if you all would like just to give you an idea of what it is doing.

2. Banned
    I was told that I could just need an exhaust ring but might also want to try a different prop and see how it works.

3. Banned

4. Member
    That prop needs the weed ring/exhaust ring on it.

5. Member
    Yeah,put a weed ring on and see how it goes. It'd be a lot cheaper than another prop.