Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Izorline xxx super co-poly. Stuff is cheap and casts amazing and has very minimal memory. I use 15lb on most of my jig/plastic and spinnerbait/bladed jig rods and 12lb on my crankbait/treble hook baits.

Wow! That stuff is cheap. I've never heard of it before now. Anyone else using this stuff?

=AndyNegus94;8153452]Izorline xxx super co-poly. Stuff is cheap and casts amazing and has very minimal memory. I use 15lb on most of my jig/plastic and spinnerbait/bladed jig rods and 12lb on my crankbait/treble hook baits.[/QUOTE]
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

Berkley Trilene XL. Its very versatile and you can use it for just about anything. I use 12lb for crankin.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

4. Member
    Look at Fisherman Factory Outlet. You can try different lines at really low prices. It's buy one get one half off now. Most of the line is 40 to 50% off retail. I go line happy once a year buying from them. Inventory changes often. At times you can get screaming good deals on rods and reels.

5. Member
    Maxima is the best I've line I've used. It is consistent.

6. Banned
    If spinning spool everything with 10 pp tie leaders 6 lb for crappie etc....

Quote Originally Posted by tjsellsfords View Post
    Wow! That stuff is cheap. I've never heard of it before now. Anyone else using this stuff?

=AndyNegus94;8153452]Izorline xxx super co-poly. Stuff is cheap and casts amazing and has very minimal memory. I use 15lb on most of my jig/plastic and spinnerbait/bladed jig rods and 12lb on my crankbait/treble hook baits.
    [/QUOTE]

I don't use the Super XXX, but I do use the Izorline Platinum in all pound tests from 6 to 20. It's the best line I have ever used and over the years, prior to finding Izorline about 15 years ago, I had tried virtually every line on the market. After using Izorline, I didn't need to look any further. It's super abrasion resistant with very little stretch. Tackle Warehouse carries both the Platinum and the Super XXX.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyNegus94 View Post
    Izorline xxx super co-poly. Stuff is cheap and casts amazing and has very minimal memory. I use 15lb on most of my jig/plastic and spinnerbait/bladed jig rods and 12lb on my crankbait/treble hook baits.
    I use the 12lb. Izorline xxx and I disagree. Mine looks like a damn slinky, even after fishing it for an hour! I have to spray it with Reel Magic to settle it down. I think I'm going back to Stren mono this year.

I'm also going to start fishing more braid w/ mono and flouro leaders this year.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Big Game.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    I use the 12lb. Izorline xxx and I disagree. Mine looks like a damn slinky, even after fishing it for an hour! I have to spray it with Reel Magic to settle it down. I think I'm going back to Stren mono this year.

I'm also going to start fishing more braid w/ mono and flouro leaders this year.

Thats weird! Even on days where I have ice building in the guides on my rods I haven't had issues like that!

I use stren 20# for all reels

12. Member
    I use 12 Suffix for most that don't have braid. It works fine and it's cheap enough to change out often. I'd go with 6 or 8 on the crappie rigs depending on the size of the reels. Any of the name brand mono will work.

13. Member
    Go on eBay and buy some Chinese 20# braid in your choice of color spool about 20' of mono then tie off to the braid. Fill your spool about half with braid (Pitching rods a little more cranking rods a little less) then spool up the rest with your choice of mono. Same way on spinning rods. If you change line as much as I do.... You'll be happy you backed it with braid
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

14. Member
    I've had good luck with Yo Zuri Hybrid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12