Thread: Safefloor

Safefloor

Is there anybody got any oppinions on the Safefloor product I hate carpet in my boat and it needs replacing anyway and was thinking about this product it looks nice and would be easy to clean looking for someone that might have had this installed and how they liked it and how well it's holding up and also was concerned about the gaps around my lids thanks for any help.

No experience with Safefloor but I did mine with Marine Durabak and love it. Looks like carpet from a distance, it dries in minutes. Slip proof, easy to wash off and won't stain like the carpet. The only down side is my boat has an aluminum deck and on hot days, the floor gets hotter than it did when it had carpet.
    http://www.durabakcompany.com/marine.htm

Last edited by SeaPro Admin; 02-22-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    04 Sea Pro SV2100cc w/ Suzuki DF150
    02 Scout 162 Sportfisher w/ Yamaha 60

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaPro Admin View Post
    No experience with Safefloor but I did mine with Marine Durabak and love it. Looks like carpet from a distance, it dries in minutes. Slip proof, easy to wash off and won't stain like the carpet. The only down side is my boat has an aluminum deck and on hot days, the floor gets hotter than it did when it had carpet.

Was this hard to apply? Has it been holding up pretty good?

4. Member
    I'm also interested in this. It looks great. How many gallons did you use and did you do more than one coat?

5. Member
    That look's great I'm curious how it's holding up to.

I'm testing my memory here cuz I think it's been close to 3 years but I'll try to answer. It's holding up perfectly. There's not a scratch in it and it looks like it did when I put it on. It's good stuff. My boat is 19 ft. and the entire deck is aluminum so I can't say how it will hold up on glass, wood or paint, but they claim it will stick to all of it. I painted the deck but didn't paint the inside of any of the lids.. (couldn't see why I needed to do that). I bought a gallon and had some left over. (two coats) (A gallon of the textured stuff is supposed to cover 60 square ft.) It's easy to apply with a roller or a brush but it has tiny rubber bits in it and they have a special roller that spreads the bits out evenly. I don't know if any paint roller would work as well. They also sell a primer, but it's optional. I didn't need it. Just cleaned the deck and wiped it down with acetone prior to painting.
    I used the blue painter's tape to mask off anything I didn't want painted. The paint is kind of rubberized, so if you get it in places you don't want it (and I did) you can use a knife or razor blade to trace it and then peel off the unwanted paint.
    04 Sea Pro SV2100cc w/ Suzuki DF150
    02 Scout 162 Sportfisher w/ Yamaha 60

7. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    I contacted Durabak for a sample a few minutes ago. I think I'm going to use it for the floor of my duck boat.

8. Member
    ANY OTHER PRODUCTS LIKE THIS OUT THERE THAT WILL WORK?

Linex works too but it is on the expensive side, my dad had the inside of his Cajun sprayed last summer.
    2007 Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW with 60hp 4-stroke

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaPro Admin View Post

Did you get the textured or the smooth? Does it scratch your reels?

I can't tell in the pic. Did you cover the lids all the way to the edges or leave a small border of the painted surface exposed on each lid?

12. Member
    That looks really good
    1995 Ranger 481VS Commanche
    1995 Mercury Blackmax 150 2.5L XRi

13. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin 180 View Post
    Is there anybody got any oppinions on the Safefloor product I hate carpet in my boat and it needs replacing anyway and was thinking about this product it looks nice and would be easy to clean looking for someone that might have had this installed and how they liked it and how well it's holding up and also was concerned about the gaps around my lids thanks for any help.
    Contact BBC'er totalbeverage. He had it installed in a ProCraft that he restored.

Stuff about SafeFloor starts on page 3 of this thread - http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=639636&page=3
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax