Opinions on disc brake brands

I am converting my tandem to disc brakes. Looking at the Tie Down brand. Any pros or cons or which brands do you like. Thanks in advance. Also cheapest place to buy them. Eastern marine has the best price I have found so far.

2. Member
    I bought a complete kit from etrailer.com. Great customer service and fast shipping they can get you setup with everything you need just give them a call.
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

3. Member
    stay away from Tie down anything. They have had serious problems. Disc brake backing plate bolts falling out. Unavailability of replacement parts (discontinued), and no part availability or the consumer direct. they make you go thru nitro or ranger to get parts - 100%+ upcharges - ouch. And thy custom make parts for them so the generics don't fit. Very aggravating.
    Jack

2005 Ranger 520 DX
    2005 Mercury 225 Optimax Pro XS
    Mercury Trophy 24
    Mk Ultrex 110 Ipilot link
    Powerpole 8'
    Hb helix 9 di S/N
    Hb helix 10 si. S/N
    Garmin 10 UHD W/ Panoptix

4. Member
    I replaced my rusted out drum brakes with SS Kodiak brakes two years ago and they have been great. I use my boat in saltwater, but they have non SS brakes also. Highly recommend.

I put the Kodiac Dacronet brake kit on my single axle two years ago. No problems since.