TOUCH PAD

Hey guys, I have a question. I have a 2008 Z21. My key pad will turn on with the code, start the motor and shut it down but that's all. Nothing else works on it. It won't blow the horn, switch fuel tanks, operate live wells, turn lights on or any accessories. This touch pad was replaced last year. Any ideas?
    Last edited by JJbassman; 02-21-2017 at 09:37 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJbassman View Post
    Hey guys, I have a question. I have a 2008 Z21. My key pad will turn on with the code, start the motor and shut it down but that's all. Nothing else works on it. It won't blow the horn, switch fuel tanks, operate live wells, turn lights on or any accessories. This touch pad was replaced last year. Any ideas?
    Two things to try. First go through the shutdown sequence to make sure everything is off. Then power up your keypad, and go to the panel on the front deck. Push the "A" button, or a livewell button, then check if your accessories will work from the console. If that doesn't work, go through the shutdown sequence again, and either switch off the main breaker (prob in the the starboard battery compartment)for at least 10 seconds, then reset it. Removing the negative cable from the cranking battery for about 10 seconds, then reconnecting it II will work too, then go through the "power up" sequence and see if everything works.
    Last edited by TC3; 02-21-2017 at 10:13 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TC3 View Post
    Two things to try. First go through the shutdown sequence to make sure everything is off. Then power up your keypad, and go to the panel on the front deck. Push the "A" button, and then check if your accessories will work from the console. If that doesn't work, go through the shutdown sequence again, and either switch off the main breaker (prob in the the starboard battery compartment)for at least 10 seconds, then reset it. Removing the negative cable from the cranking battery for about 10 seconds, then reconnecting it II will work too, then go through the "power up" sequence and see if everything works.
    I don't have any idea what causes this problem since I have replaced my keypad, and brain, but I have to do this frequently on my 07 Z20. Fortunately, it always works.