Xpress bunk boards

Does anyone know if the Xpress factory uses pressure treated or untreated wood for bunk boards? I am replacing my bunk boards and wanted to use the correct material.

2. Member
    I have read on this and other boards to not use pressure treated boards due to a reaction between metal and chemicals used to treat the boards. Maybe 20 years ago I used them on a Fisher Marine that I had. Several years later I sold it to a guy at work and bought my first Xpress and as far as I know there was not a problem. Not a chemical engineer but if I could use treated I wood

3. Banned
    Mine were treated 2001, I just replaced them last year for the first time they were still good but the lags weren't holding anymore and I already flipped them end to end once. I used treated wood with stainless steel lags.

4. Member
    What I ended up doing was I purchased Caliber Bunk Wrap Kits from the Walmart website. It took 3 boxes to wrap all my bunks. Each box comes with 16 foot of bunk wrap, 4 end caps, all the SS screws needed for the project. These bunk wraps are the same product that BackTrack (Xpress trailors) uses from the factory to cover bunk boards. I went to Lowes and purchased untreated SYP 2X4 boards. I prefabbed my bunks in my garage, dropped the boat in the water at a local launch and replaced the bunks in a short time. So all my bunk carpet is gone, I don't like the idea of going salt water fishing and leave the salt water soaked bunks pressing against the aluminum hull until you take the boat back to fresh water. I have heard too many stories about aluminum boats developing pin holes of corrosion in the area where the bunks touch the hull. The link below is for the Caliber web site.

http://www.caliberproductsinc.com/ma.../BunkWraps.php
    Last edited by xpress2002; 02-28-2017 at 09:05 PM.