Helix 12 mounting beside console on 520C

Looking at mounting a Helix 12 beside the console on my 2016 520C and leaving the 1199 in the dash for mapping. Any one done this and have pics or suggestions on mount and location?
    Thanks!
    2016 520C Evinrude G2 HO

2. Member
    I'd reach out to Van at Bass Boat Technologies. I'm sure he has/can make you a dual mount.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D View Post
    I'd reach out to Van at Bass Boat Technologies. I'm sure he has/can make you a dual mount.
    Definately! I'm taking my new Z home in a couple weeks and putting a dual on the dash. No way I'm putting a ram on the side of the console. BBT is the way to go.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Ranger makes a very nice mount also that goes between console and Gunnel. RR
    Last edited by GhostComanche; 02-21-2017 at 06:26 PM.

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

5. Member
    Roger do you happen to have a picture of the Ranger mount. I have a new Helix 12 coming for my 2003 521vx and the BBT mount is not what I am looking for. It will block too many important gauges with the small console of the older boat and the large size of the new graph. My current 1198 is mounted on a RAM mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawglip View Post
    Roger do you happen to have a picture of the Ranger mount. I have a new Helix 12 coming for my 2003 521vx and the BBT mount is not what I am looking for. It will block too many important gauges with the small console of the older boat and the large size of the new graph. My current 1198 is mounted on a RAM mount.
    Maybe this would work for you. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....724&highlight=
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

7. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar

8. Member
    Roger I don't think I have ever seen that mount before. Interesting. The problem with RAM mount is that the graph will move in rough water. I have to keep tightening the mount throughout the day. I travel for tournaments a lot and have to remove my graphs at night in motel parking lots. So the next day it's tighten the RAM mount in the morning. Tighten again before blast off and then tighten again as I am running. It's the compression of the rubber balls.

9. Member
    Get the TH Marine Kong Mount or a Balzout if you don't want to do a BBT mount and move your gauges around.

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

10. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Roger I don't think I have ever seen that mount before. Interesting. The problem with RAM mount is that the graph will move in rough water. I have to keep tightening the mount throughout the day. I travel for tournaments a lot and have to remove my graphs at night in motel parking lots. So the next day it's tighten the RAM mount in the morning. Tighten again before blast off and then tighten again as I am running. It's the compression of the rubber balls.
    The Ranger mount will not move and removal of unit is very easy. Better yet it will be a third of the price of others mentioned and is designed and made for these boats. RR

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnhunter54 View Post
    Looking at mounting a Helix 12 beside the console on my 2016 520C and leaving the 1199 in the dash for mapping. Any one done this and have pics or suggestions on mount and location?
    Thanks!
    I would definitely go with a BBT mount, I have literally sold hundreds of these dual mounts for the 520 and 521 C and not one complaint. It sure is a cleaner application than the ram style mounts.

12. Member
    This is a BBT dual mount on my boat. [IMG][/IMG]

13. Member
    Agree with Rodney. BBT mount. I'm not sponsored by them. The side mounts just don't do it in rough water.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_bowhunter View Post
    Get the TH Marine Kong Mount or a Balzout if you don't want to do a BBT mount and move your gauges around.
    His boat is a 2016 - he won't have to move any gauges.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick D View Post
    His boat is a 2016 - he won't have to move any gauges.

16. Member
    Thanks for all the responses. My current 1199 is in the dash so short of ordering new plate a BBT is out plus my OCD wouldn't let me have two different units side by side. Roger thanks for the input, I got one ordered and you are right 1/3 of the price. I did have to get the Ranger parts guy to look at our thread as he was unfamiliar, so thanks for the pics. I did find out Ranger also has a specific ball mount with the contour of the console for a ram mount there as well.
    2016 520C Evinrude G2 HO

17. Banned
    BBT all the way !!! Van is awesome to work with