More Ultrex questions

Sounds like I have got to have one of these, but to install one with the link with my humminbird unit, what else am I going to have to buy? I know there is a $30+ cable (maybe more if it doesn't reach) to attach to the humminbird, what other surprises are there?

Quote Originally Posted by hookbender View Post
    Sounds like I have got to have one of these, but to install one with the link with my humminbird unit, what else am I going to have to buy? I know there is a $30+ cable (maybe more if it doesn't reach) to attach to the humminbird, what other surprises are there?
    If you have a Helix or XX9 model, you need the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter to connect the included Ethernet cable to the unit.

That is for a single display setup only.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbender View Post
    As Wayne said, If you have a single unit, depending on the unit you will either not need anything, or you will need an Ethernet adapter. The Ethernet cable comes with the IPilot Link model.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    As they said, the Ethernet cable comes with the Ultrex. It's a 20-footer if I'm not mistaken.

5. Member
    Will the Bluetooth model link to hummingbird through Bluetooth?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes733 View Post
    Will the Bluetooth model link to hummingbird through Bluetooth?
    Negative.

It connects to the Heading Sensor and your phone via BlueTooth.

7. Member
    so if I have 2 helix's networked together already, I assume I need to add the ethernet switch since there is only one ethernet port on rear of unit?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    so if I have 2 helix's networked together already, I assume I need to add the ethernet switch since there is only one ethernet port on rear of unit?
    Yes and one additional Ethernet cable. Ultrex comes with one but you'll need 3 total

9. Member
    Only two Ethernet cables needed if networking 2 units and the Ultrex. The Ultrex cable and the ones connected to units all go to the Ethernet Switch.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    If you have a Helix or XX9 model, you need the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter to connect the included Ethernet cable to the unit.

That is for a single display setup only.
    So I have 2 Helix mega units (9 and 10) coming as well as the Ultrex with I Pilot link. I ordered 2 of the AS EC QDE dongles and a 20' ethernet cable to connect the 2 units. If an ethernet cable comes with the Ultrex with I-Pilot link what else would I need to make the Ultrex communicate with both units? Am I missing a cable or a Y Cable??

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat55 View Post
    So I have 2 Helix mega units (9 and 10) coming as well as the Ultrex with I Pilot link. I ordered 2 of the AS EC QDE dongles and a 20' ethernet cable to connect the 2 units. If an ethernet cable comes with the Ultrex with I-Pilot link what else would I need to make the Ultrex communicate with both units? Am I missing a cable or a Y Cable??
    Answered in other post. You need an Ethernet cable for each unit and an Ethernet Switch. The Ultrex and both units connect to the Ethernet Switch.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow