Tatula SV TW versus Zillion SV TW for skipping

Due to a right wrist injury/surgery, I can no longer skip light plastics with my spinning rod - and if I'm going to switch to lefthanded I much prefer a baitcaster over a spinning rod.

I was was thinking of buying a Zillion SV TW but not excited to spend $300. I heard a new Tatula SV TW is coming out next month for $200. Have heard it's similar in many respects to its Zillion counterpart, but that it has a different spool.

So my my question is if the thought is that the new Tatula SV TW would would skip weightless Senkos as well as the Zillion SV TW and also not backlash? (which in switching hands I'm probably going to do until I get better).

Anyone have an opinion on this? There's a Daiwa SV105 too without the T-Wing, but maybe that'll work for the lighter baits too at $240.

I need a Daiwa expert to chime in ;)

The Zillion SV TW is an excellent reel, and it's more than just the spool that makes up for the difference in price. There are some other threads here that discuss those differences. Here is a link to one of them, as well as a pre-order link for the Tatula SV:

Tatula SV Pre-Order with details

The Tatula SV is touted as being very easy to skip. While I haven't fished the reel, I have done some parking lot casting and I expect it to be impressive on the water. The SV105 is a fantastic reel, definitely focused more on the finesse oriented end of things and has lower line capacity than the Tatula SV. The Tackle Trap has a few of the SV105 models left on sale if you happen to be interested. I hope this helps some and let me know if you have any other questions.

3. Member
    Thank you, if you were going to primarily use to skip weightless Senkos, which reel would you choose? And I might have the right rod to pair it with - but I'm open to suggestions there too. Thx much, -Fry

At this point, I think unless you just had to have the upgrades offered by the Zillion, I'd get a pre-order in on the new Tatula SV. It's going to be extremely popular when it gets out there and guys start fishing with them, I have no doubt about it. For skipping a 5" senko under docks and overhangs, a new Tatula SV paired up with a Hammer Rods 6'9" MH, or possibly H depending on your preferences, would be an absolutely outstanding combo for that technique. The Hammer Rods load very nicely and have a great tip for skipping baits in general, not to mention would look beautiful paired with the new Tatula SV.

Hammer Rods @ The Tackle Trap