Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coffin mod for Minn Kota Ultrex

Hi guys. If you're thinking of making or modifying a coffin for your trolling motor foot pedal, I'm hoping this might be helpful. Link to PDF below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...k9LWHoybEE2UGM
    Boatless in Wisconsin. 300R
    Act justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God.

2. Member
    Wow thats a great looking Job and great PDF file for doing it!

3. Member
    Great job.

Thanks guys.

5. Member
    Nice work!

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Nice!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Cool deal !!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Wow. Nice. Wish you were closer!!

Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    Wow. Nice. Wish you were closer!!
    Yeah, especially from Jan 1 through March!! But today it's 70° here in Wisconsin! Warmest day ever in Feb.

11. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Brian that is an awesome job, let me know how you like the Ultrex, I fish the Mississippi all the time in current and in the back waters in heavy pads weeds ect. Not sure of your style of fishing but regardless a review would be great. Thanks.
    LeaLea

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    Brian that is an awesome job, let me know how you like the Ultrex, I fish the Mississippi all the time in current and in the back waters in heavy pads weeds ect. Not sure of your style of fishing but regardless a review would be great. Thanks.
    Will do Wags! Thanks, BTW... The way it looks this year, I won't be hitting the water until Memorial Day. From what I've seen (watching every Ultrex youtube video out there), it should be a very nice upgrade for the way we fish (similar to bass fishing).

13. RIP -April 30,2023
    looking good! excellent work!

14. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    Yeah, especially from Jan 1 through March!! But today it's 70° here in Wisconsin! Warmest day ever in Feb.
    Global Warming. Lol

15. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Will do Wags! Thanks, BTW... The way it looks this year, I won't be hitting the water until Memorial Day. From what I've seen (watching every Ultrex youtube video out there), it should be a very nice upgrade for the way we fish (similar to bass fishing).
    You ever make it to the river? If so what pool?
    I have watched several videos also and this troller looks like it is the real deal.
    LeaLea

16. Member
    I installed an Ultrex on my boat yesterday and fished with it today, Spotlock is awesome, power steering is smooth but very sensitive, it will take some getting use to. When the pedal button is pressed the motor ramps up to speed, not sudden full power if dial is set to max. The TM is blue tooth compatible and there was an update for the TM and the remote when I powered them up. As Minn Kota makes improvements to their software we will get the updates. If you are replacing a foretrex the mounting holes for the TM bracket and the foot control match perfectly.

17. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Great that is good info thank you. I do have a Foretrex with a MK quick release I assume that will also work with the Ultrex?
    LeaLea

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    Great that is good info thank you. I do have a Foretrex with a MK quick release I assume that will also work with the Ultrex?
    Yeah, the MK quick release for my Fortrex works with the Ultrex. And no, I've never made it over quite that far west to the Mighty Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by oiltech09 View Post
    power steering is smooth but very sensitive, it will take some getting use to.
    Yeah, I'm a little concerned about that. But it should be easier to navigate with than the Motorguide Xi5 (which I just yanked off my bow). I bought the Ultrex to replace the Xi5 which was too sensitive, and is not a cable steer. The Xi5 is a great TM, Anchor mode is dead nuts on the spot, and I like a lot of the other features, including how light it is on the bow (over 20 lbs lighter than the Fortrex or Ultrex). But if you fish tight to structure and you're moving fast and need accurate control, like I do at times musky fishing, the foot pedal on the Xi5 makes it tough because of how sensitive it is. Maybe if I put enough bends in the Ultrex steering cable it will slow down the power steering motor a little.... haha

20. Member
    Yeah, I'm a little concerned about that. But it should be easier to navigate with than the Motorguide Xi5 (which I just yanked off my bow). I bought the Ultrex to replace the Xi5 which was too sensitive, and is not a cable steer. The Xi5 is a great TM, Anchor mode is dead nuts on the spot, and I like a lot of the other features, including how light it is on the bow (over 20 lbs lighter than the Fortrex or Ultrex). But if you fish tight to structure and you're moving fast and need accurate control, like I do at times musky fishing, the foot pedal on the Xi5 makes it tough because of how sensitive it is. Maybe if I put enough bends in the Ultrex steering cable it will slow down the power steering motor a little.... haha
    I did see on the foot petal there is a tension screw, I haven't tried adjusting it yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast