1991 SKEETER SX200 RESTORE PROJECT

delete
    Last edited by pennix5; 06-07-2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: delete

2. Member
    Hard to tell from the photos but if the hull and transom are OK. Looks very doable

3. Member
    Looks aloto like my 97- zx190c! I just got done restoring mine ,let me know if you have any questions?

4. Member
    I would like to see pics of yours

Have fun!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

6. Member

7. Member
    I had that exact boat a few years ago. Loved it sometimes I wished I had it back, it had a 150 Yamaha that ran like a sewing machine. It looks like someone has already installed new carpet?

8. Member
    Did the boat feel under-powered with the 150 on it

[QUOTE=davethebuilder;8150817]I had that exact boat a few years ago. Loved it sometimes I wished I had it back, it had a 150 Yamaha that ran like a sewing machine. It looks like someone has already installed new carpet?[/Q

9. Member
    what is the condition of the of the stringers and knees?ive had a few of these,all them had rot due to a sub-par lay-up,problem starts if the battery gets leaky and the acid runs down across the stringer,eventually eating through the glass and letting water get into the wooden stringer,then it just gets worse,turns the wood into mush.

10. Member
    Few pics of the same boat,started off with"oh it's just got one little just a soft spot in the floor".once moisture gets in behind the glass it with soak the foam and rot everything,adding alot of weight as well! unfortunately this Skeeter is going to the dump,does have a nice trailer though!
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter91 View Post
    what is the condition of the of the stringers and knees?ive had a few of these,all them had rot due to a sub-par lay-up,problem starts if the battery gets leaky and the acid runs down across the stringer,eventually eating through the glass and letting water get into the wooden stringer,then it just gets worse,turns the wood into mush.
    I'm trying to keep an eye on that because I have heard there's an issue with some of them ! Maybe I can put down something to protect it?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davethebuilder View Post
    I had that exact boat a few years ago. Loved it sometimes I wished I had it back, it had a 150 Yamaha that ran like a sewing machine. It looks like someone has already installed new carpet?

I installed new pad and carpet,trolling motor tray,mk maxxum 101,all new switches for dash ! The next couple things are new electronics and the trailer

13. Member
    [QUOTE=pennix5;8151148]Did the boat feel under-powered with the 150 on it

Quote Originally Posted by davethebuilder View Post
    I had that exact boat a few years ago. Loved it sometimes I wished I had it back, it had a 150 Yamaha that ran like a sewing machine. It looks like someone has already installed new carpet?[/Q
    It was a little underpowered, but it still preformed OK , I just have never had a carbureted motor start and run so good

14. Member

91 SKEETER SX200 PICS

MORE PICS

15. Member
    In your four pic ....do you know how to get to the trim switch on the 2000 control . I have a older boat with the same control with a soft /bad trim switch ...thanks for any help .

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    In your four pic ....do you know how to get to the trim switch on the 2000 control . I have a older boat with the same control with a soft /bad trim switch ...thanks for any help .
    have to remove the handle from the control,then disassemble the handle ,make sure the spring in the shift detent(red part you press when shifting)doesnt get away from you,those things are tough to find if they hit the floor!

17. Member
    Skeeter 91 sending you a PM about control.