Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have 2-10 ft PP on my little Champion at 37 lbs and maybe 3 to 4 lbs for each pump it made very little difference. I may have lost 3 mph and hole shot only changed a little. Bought a custom hydro foil from a guy on BBC and got all my hole shot back and maybe more. They get in the way sometimes but don't plan on doing without them ever.

2. Member
    rboren, was that hydro foil made by Chris Bailey?

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

3. Banned
    This might be a stupid question. When adding a wedge you change your motors angle. How does this affect the bolts which should be straight?

4. Member
    the wedge really just offsets the bottom of the jack plate, allowing for more positive trim. They are flat on the top, so no real change to the top nuts on the bolts, but the bottom is fatter giving you more trim, those nuts obviously dont go as far on the bolt threads, but still more than enough to give you a good secure hold.

The bolts remain unchanged with or without the wedges

Quote Originally Posted by HANSHIN View Post
    I have a Stratos 202. I have 12ft talons with the sandwich brackets and the fit so nicely its as if they were made for this hull. Tuck right up against the transom. NO performance issues. I have a SHO 200 and she jumps out of the hole without the wedges(makes sense). I have the wedges on tap just in case I want to add them later after I get my ECU flashed.
    Dan. Start another thread when you get the reflash regarding your before and after performance.
    Very slick sled BTW.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

6. Member
    Will do. Don't have a plan to return the states for a while so I'm just in limbo right now.
    Dan Mitchell
    2011 Stratos Champion Elite 202
    2021 Mercury Pro XS 225

7. Member
    the weight on transom for a single 10' blade is 28 pounds. total with the pump is 38 pounds. the braced adapter plate will add about anther 8 pounds.

i added a second sportsman 2 to my 187 this year and it did hurt my hole shot. with just one pole and fully loaded with two 200# plus dudes it got up just the same as always. when put the other one on the boat struggled. I do have them mounted really low and they do create a lot of drag when i am taking off. I got two soccer balls from walmart and inflated them in my jackplate and it improved my hole shot tremendously. i don't know you can use that trick with a hydraulic jack plate though should you lose some hole shot.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

8. Member
    Hanshin, what speed are you getting now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12