Thread: Directv Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    Got rid of DTV in September and bought 4 firesticks. No more bill and still watch everything, and then some.....

2. Member
    Same here....in 6 months I can switch...i do every other year or so
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

3. Member
    Time Warner just went up another $8. They went up $5 a few months ago. $105 for medium fast internet and "basic" TV package which means the local channels plus the Home Shopping Network and The Weather Channel. Working on replacing them as we speak.

4. Member
    Drop them, get a mohu sky antenna and sign up for sling tv and Netflix. It's what I did 4 months ago and regret not doing it sooner.

My Dish bill only has on it what I decided on. Never had any unauthorized programming that I can recall. And my live-in accountant would spot it straight away. Got a CS rep on Chat immediately today. I rarely call anymore. Chat is too easy.
    My bill average $95-$100 a month. You can't take it with you. Enjoy.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    If you're anywhere near Charleston you have a choice. Put an antenna in your attic and tell Direct to send you a box for their chit. You can stream anything that's not free over the air. Tons of info online about "cutting the cable". I did just that 6 months ago after Direct did the same to me one too many times.

Mine went down almost 60.00 and I did nothing.

8. Member
    I have been a customer since 2000. I'm ready to 86 'em.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeNix View Post
    I spent over 3 hours between two days on the phone with directv last week to straighten out my bill. Last month was the same deal until I got a retention supervisor. He told me I'd have to call every month to get it fixed for that month. Last Thursday, the first person I talked to wanted to give me a math lesson even though I requested a supervisor like the guy told me to do in Jan. After much yadda yadda she finally put me through to a supervisor. She made sure my phone number was correct in the system, I said yes and she started to talk then the line went dead. I called back, stayed on hold for 20 minutes, got routed to a supervisor and lost the connection again. I'm pretty sure it was from their end but can't prove it. I called back in Friday and asked for a retention agent and after waiting on hold for almost 30 minutes got to talk. He took care of this bill and said was no need to call next month like the guy told me in Jan. I asked him when my contract was up, he said Oct. 2018. I told him that can't be right (it wasn't). Someone keyed in info wrong, when they replaced a faulty receiver last Oct. it was code as an upgrade when it was actually a replacement. My contract ends Oct. of 2017. I need to find an alternative that we like. I'm too far from Lexington to use a normal antenna, but I am looking at other options.

dish
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Member
    I have auto pay and have not been paying attention. This thread made me look and this month, they added a $5.86 Regional Sports fee. My Directv bill has went up $16.00 over the last 2 years. Unfortunately, I live out where only Dish, Directv and suddenlink are my only options. I reckon it's time to call suddenlink.

__________________________________________________ __________________

Just call them, they will take care of it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeNix View Post
    I spent over 3 hours between two days on the phone with directv last week to straighten out my bill. Last month was the same deal until I got a retention supervisor. He told me I'd have to call every month to get it fixed for that month. Last Thursday, the first person I talked to wanted to give me a math lesson even though I requested a supervisor like the guy told me to do in Jan. After much yadda yadda she finally put me through to a supervisor. She made sure my phone number was correct in the system, I said yes and she started to talk then the line went dead. I called back, stayed on hold for 20 minutes, got routed to a supervisor and lost the connection again. I'm pretty sure it was from their end but can't prove it. I called back in Friday and asked for a retention agent and after waiting on hold for almost 30 minutes got to talk. He took care of this bill and said was no need to call next month like the guy told me in Jan. I asked him when my contract was up, he said Oct. 2018. I told him that can't be right (it wasn't). Someone keyed in info wrong, when they replaced a faulty receiver last Oct. it was code as an upgrade when it was actually a replacement. My contract ends Oct. of 2017. I need to find an alternative that we like. I'm too far from Lexington to use a normal antenna, but I am looking at other options.
    I went through almost exactly this with TWC. Gave up and told them to stuff it. Found out that the Internet alone isn't too bad.

13. Member
    Mine went up as well. I've went the renegotiation route with no success. Cutting it next month.

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    dish
    Sucks just as bad as Direct TV. They still can't explain how even though I have a locked in rate that a bill is never in the same amount each month even when there are the same number of days in it and I do not buy any Pay Per Views etc. In almost a year I have never had my bill be the same amount.

15. Member
    I knew the second it was announced that ATT had purchased Direct TV that it would go to chit. I believe that ATT is the most crooked, communist bunch of azzholes on the planet. I wish that company would fold tomorrow.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdutton View Post
    I knew the second it was announced that ATT had purchased Direct TV that it would go to chit. I believe that ATT is the most crooked, communist bunch of azzholes on the planet. I wish that company would fold tomorrow.
    My sentiments as well! After run-ins with ATT over cell phone service and DSL internet a few years ago, I avoid them at all costs.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

Quote Originally Posted by jtalb View Post
    just get rid of direct and get KODI... thats what i did last Aug
    +1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12