Humminbird 360 Wagon Wheel

I'm getting a wagon wheel effect on my 360. Ive only had it a few months and haven't been able to really dial it in. Theres no oil leaking out of the unit so I'll assume its from interference. I have two Helix 10 SI Gen 1 units with the bow unit I am directly connected to. Do I need to turn the sonar off on the Helix 10 at the bow that its directly connected to or turn the console unit sonar off?

Try doing a quick press of the power button and turn of the sonar at the console......The bow unit should automatically turn off the SI when you are viewing the 360.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

It started it really bad when I had it on 100 foot range and ran through some shallow water grass. My 24V Maxxum got hung up a bit and that's when the wagon wheel effect got a lot worse than it had been all day. The grass wasn't tall enough to touch the 360 so no impact issues. It was also very windy and I'm in an aluminum boat so I had the TM cranked pretty high all day.

I'll try your tip and try to pin down a better diagnosis next time I'm out. Was more excited to be out fishing than I was to dial in electronics since its tshirt weather in February....in Illinois....

Deborah @ Humminbird

Got out today. The wagon wheel stuff cleared up, but when going shallow (2-3 feet or less) there where 2 glass shard looking smears at the 3 and 7 o'clock positions. They would only come from the outer ring to the next inner ring when set on 60 foot range. This too would clear up when I moved back out to deeper water. Not sure if its something internal with the ducer now.

6. Member
    i am having trouble with my 360 called humminbird today they told me to run the 360 transducer for si if you have the transducer on trolling motor that come with your humminbird , running both would cause imaging problems on the 360
    Last edited by BBW; 02-21-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    i am having trouble with my 360 called humminbird today they told me to run the 360 transducer for si if you have the transducer on trolling motor that come with your humminbird , running both would cause imaging problems on the 360
    I will try that next time out. Thanks

8. Member
    went to lake today turned off si transducer on trolling motor 360 worked ok

Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    went to lake today turned off si transducer on trolling motor 360 worked ok
    From the power menu or sonar menu? If I turn sonar off with the power menu, I lose my depth reading. I looked through the menus today on my helix 10 gen 1 and couldn't find in the menus where to select the 360 for my side imaging.

Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    From the power menu or sonar menu? If I turn sonar off with the power menu, I lose my depth reading. I looked through the menus today on my helix 10 gen 1 and couldn't find in the menus where to select the 360 for my side imaging.
    That is in the Networking menu where you select the source for each function.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thank you, Sir.