Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To the guy that cut me off on TB.

I hope you were proud of yourself. I know three men bass fishing from a lowly surface drive probably sent all kinds of assumptions through your head, but we won't dive into that. I can say that I hope you don't go around doing that to people all the time, especially with your young child in the boat. It really sends the wrong message about bass fisherman.

The fact that you spotted us trolling down a bank of an island in the Palo Gaucho branch and then put your trolling motor on high from at least 150 yards to come in and cut us off 20 yards in front of really shows me and my teenage son how selfish fisherman have gotten. There is no excuse for this. What I'm upset about is that you purposely and knowingly did this. Plus the fact that you trolled at high speed right into a shallow bedding area. We took the high road because your child was in the boat. I was also able to keep my teenager from making you youtube famous.

We turned around and two cast later my son had a solid 3.5 pounder.

I ask that in the future you refrain from doing that to people. I grew up running that part of the lake so I know there's plenty of water, but it doesn't make it right.

Have a good day sir.

(White Triton dual console, Opti with exra yellow decals and LA tags)
    Currently boatless but will always drive a Bass Cat

2. Banned
    I'll agree with a lot you said but did you say it to him when it happened?

I just asked loudly "Is that how it's going to be?" He just said "Yep". I'm bothered by the fact that it happened but I kept my cool pretty well. Mainly because my teenage son was with me and the other guy had a young child in his boat. I would've hated to see something escalate not only in front of the young child but also my son. I did say something fairly loud about him running up in the beds but it was either unheard or ignored. I just ask the man to refrain from doing that to people in the future.

4. Member
    For some reason toledo is one of the worst place I've seen for that. Rayburn you get a few of those types but it just seems more common over there. Sorry it happened but at least you didn't let it ruin your trip

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmclassic View Post
    I just asked loudly "Is that how it's going to be?" He just said "Yep". I'm bothered by the fact that it happened but I kept my cool pretty well. Mainly because my teenage son was with me and the other guy had a young child in his boat. I would've hated to see something escalate not only in front of the young child but also my son. I did say something fairly loud about him running up in the beds but it was either unheard or ignored. I just ask the man to refrain from doing that to people in the future.
    Sounds like the guy needs an ass beating, you did the right thing with the kids around.

6. Member
    I would've pulled up the TM and idled down the bank with the big motor. People can be real a holes. So can I.

Can't fix stupid

8. Member
    Here on my home river, I was out with my son about 10 years ago. Was out of fishing for a while and was glad he and I was able to start fishing again. We were on a point leading into a big slough, catching schooling spots in the 1-3# range. Having a ball. Well, here comes a guy in a nitro 1/2 throttle by us, maybe 50 yards. Bout swamped out 17' duracraft. I let that one slide. He stays in the slough MAYBE 10 min and starts to head back out. I was pissed and told my son to just sit down for now. He comes back out the mouth 1/2 throttle and I just throw my hands up like "WTH". He slows a little, and says "what"? I let him have it. He said, "there is not a no wake buoy here is there"? Well, I rared back and slung the rattle trap at him and was about 10 yards short. I told him you tx fisherman do not own this river, and I am sure you were not from here because we do not act that way. For the next 10 15 seconds there was verbal onslaught. He then planed out and ended up washing us again. I was not proud of that happening in front of my son. I asked him do you understand why I am so mad, he said yes. In all my years, I have never had that happen to me even in local tx that I fish. Rant over.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

9. Member
    Same thing drive on road way they will cut u off and give u the bird

10. Banned
    Fish Fork for a day...while fishing up a bank, have had boats come in on the big motor and cut ten yards in front of us, shut down and start fishing...brother and I were catching a fair number of fish off of a point and had a boat (Guide) race across the cove and cut so close that had to hit high reverse on the TM to prevent collision...almost daily will be idling into an area and have a boat fire past on plane, shut down 15-20 yards in front and then head into the area it was obvious that we were headed into, while fishing a row of docks, have had boats come in an go to the next dock in front of us an start fishing...as busy as Fork gets, most people are pretty good but there are always a few that think they own the lake or have to use the bent pole pattern...luckily Fork fishes big and I can bump out and fish behind them a little deeper and lot of times able to pull a fish (I do tend to fish a little harder) and then get to make a few comments about their boat driving and fishing abilities...

I'm sure this cant be the first time, u can get mad all you want, all you'll be is mad all the time. It has happened to me and I have prolly done it to others unknowingly. U just fish on and don't let it ruin your day.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

12. Member
    I'm on Toledo every weekend and I see it every weekend, now that the stupid spring crowd has arrived. A lot of it, in my opinion, has to do with the crowding of the lake. That doesn't excuse it, I simply see that as one reason for the rudeness. I long for the days gone by where all fishermen on that lake were extremely courteous to one another. Those days are long gone. It's a dogfight to get a decent place to fish on any Saturday. By March that will apply 7 days a week.

I've always known spring brings a lot more traffic on TB. I honestly don't think I've ever had this happen there, especially in that area of the lake. I've had a guy here and there ease by and ask which way I'm going if it's a smaller area and during a tournament.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    I'm on Toledo every weekend and I see it every weekend, now that the stupid spring crowd has arrived. A lot of it, in my opinion, has to do with the crowding of the lake. That doesn't excuse it, I simply see that as one reason for the rudeness. I long for the days gone by where all fishermen on that lake were extremely courteous to one another. Those days are long gone. It's a dogfight to get a decent place to fish on any Saturday. By March that will apply 7 days a week.
    Charlie, you are so right....it has taken the fun out of fishing the lake for me. I only fish during the week days now and it is still no fun during the spring. The old days seemed less hectic and stressful. I try to make one spring trip to Toledo and Rayburn each year and fish the river the rest of the year.

15. Member
    Pretty crazy. I was on Rayburn last weekend and fished a long point and guy came down the bank decided to cross the lake on the same point I was fishing. I confronted him. But his idiot back guy seat decided to run his mouth. I had my 5yo with me. So I didn't get real crazy. My kid got snagged so I went over 10 yards to get him unstuck. Or the guy would've ran into me. I posted this on Tff and got a lot of people calling me the bad guy. I just don't get it. I treat folks the way I want treated I would've never cut someone off or ruined the spot by driving on it. Next day I went there caught 3 fish over 4. The guy driving the boat didn't say a word so he knew he did wrong. To much a sissy to say anything
    2016 f250 diesel
    2013 phoenix 920xp
    250 pro xs
    pb 9.72

16. Member
    I don't usually say anything when people cut me off on a grass bed or dock row etc.

ill just get closer to them and catch fish behind them and smile ;)

17. Member
    I only fish during the week, all the posts above is the reason why. Courtesy has long gone from the crowd that fishes now and it is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by BSSCT98 View Post
    I only fish during the week, all the posts above is the reason why. Courtesy has long gone from the crowd that fishes now and it is a shame.
    I 100% disagree. I think we as fishermen have become more entitled. And lakes were not as crowded as they r now. And we have the interwebs now to help us complain.

This type of stuff has been goin on for years since I was a kid.
    Last edited by BMCD; 02-27-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

19. Member
    Ever since I started fishing with a "Pancho Villa" hat that hasn't happened to me. Maybe they think I'm crazy and keep their distance! LoL

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMesscun View Post
    Ever since I started fishing with a "Pancho Villa" hat that hasn't happened to me. Maybe they think I'm crazy and keep their distance! LoL
    They just don't want to get down wind of you!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast