Replacing seats on 89' 360v

I have some pretty ugly bunch seats on my 360v and I'm trying to figure the best route to go to replace them. The cushion and everything still seems in really good shape I just don't like the faded color. Ideally I think it would look the best to just purchase a whole new seat assembly from bassboatseats.com or somewhere similar, I'm just not sure what all I have to do to get them to fit properly? I'm also wondering if it'd be easier/cheaper to just bring it into to a local marine upholstery shop and have them put new vinyl on it there, it would I need to purchase a skin from Ranger and bring it to the upholstery shop?

Im just a bit confused on the best way to go about this, I've heard it possible to just use a part of your old seats to make the base for your new aftermarket seats but wasn't the best method.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction that'd be great!

I would order new skins from Ranger and have a local shop install them. But, check the price on both the skins and the local install and total it. Then, compare it to the price of Ranger making you a whole new seat. If you're not in a hurry, Ranger will usually hold the seat and then put it on the next truck heading to your local dealer. Then, I believe they don't charge you any shipping.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    I considered replacing the bench seat in my 205vs with seats from bassboatseats but decided to have mine recovered by a local upholstery shop. I didn't feel like building a new base for the aftermarket seats and nothing fits like the original.

4. Member
    Just did mine over in my 99 518. Price from Ranger for new skins was 700-800. then had to include labor to have them shipped and installed
    . 200.+.
    Having Ranger build new was around 1800.00 plus shipping. Took them to a reupholster shop cost was 1160.00 easy in and out.
    as stated above nothing fits like original. Be sure to check out shops work?

5. Member
    Ranger quoted me around $400 for the skins, doesn't seem to bad but I'll still try to get a quote from a couple upholstery shops near me.

Was also kinda surprised they still have windshields and dash panels available, ordered both of those today.