Ultrex Spotlock Version

How can someone determine if a new Ultrex in the box has the latest and greatest software/hardware version? I read somewhere that Minn Kota is always making improvements and I don't want to end up with a older version unit.

2. Member
    I believe that if it says BlueTooth it's a new one, but I wouldn't die on that hill.

A sure way if you know the shaft length and thrust is to go to http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Ultrex.aspx and build an Ultrex to match and then compare part numbers.

3. Member
    All the ultrex units have the new/improved spotlock that is desired. And because of the new bluetooth feature, the software can be updated(when an update is available) if you download the i-pilot app for your phone and use bluetooth to pair it to your motor. It will tell you if an update is available. An update was available for mine before I every got to use it. On a side note, you can also use the i-pilot app on your phone as a back up remote for the ultrex. So I don't think I would worry too much about the software being an older version because you now have the ability to update it. I don't think the hardware has changed since it was only released months ago.

Joe
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Does the app work with an Iphone?
    Charger 210 Elite

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    Does the app work with an Iphone?
    YES
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202