Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The boat that never was

Picked up a new 2016 rt188c today from diamond sports marine at Lake fork. On the way home a 16yr kid ran in to me at a light. I think the boat and trailer is a total loss. Never was put in water. I had a great day!

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new boat and am so worried that would happen on the way home. Good luck! Guess you're about to find out how good your insurance policy is.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

3. Member
    Man that is a rough one right there. At least you are not hurt and you get to go boat shopping again.

Ouch!!
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

5. Banned
    Bummer. Glad you're alright

Wow that is bad. Better the boat than you though.

You will have to keep us up to date on the insurance process. Will be interesting to see how long it takes. Also the name of the insurance agency so others will be aware if good or bad. Could even let them know you will be keeping the ol' BBC posted.

Oh ya, Welcome aboard!
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

Wowee that's terrible but a boat can be replaced I would consider myself lucky it wasn't me that was a total loss
    2023 ranger 198p

8. Member
    Hope the young driver is ok as well. That's a tough way to learn a lesson. Sucks about the boat and hope the insurance companies replace it soon!

Welcome to BBC

I hope you got gap insurance. At least I know they always push it at the car dealer.

10. Member
    Everyone is ok. payed cash for it and the driver has insurance thank God. Made a clam and there insurance company will send a adjuster to the tow company storge lot. I wish I didn't have to lead by example! I will give up date as soon as I can.

Man, I hate that for you. But, keep an eye on the insurance adjuster. He may not want to total it. If I were you, I would demand that they buy you a new boat, motor, trailer...the whole 9 yards. Dang, it hadn't even been in the water! So, you should get what you had...and brand new rig.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

12. Banned
    Ouch

13. Member
    Talk about terrible luck. I was just telling my wife about this and she said that sounds like something that would happen to me.
    2017 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS opti

Man this sucks.. Look at my pics in my profile. I know exactly how your stomach felt when it happened. Good luck with the insurance. Keep in mind if they totaled the boat. The adjuster may let you take whatever you want off of it also. So take your toolbox and meet him there. And you can get the trolling motor and all the electronics and anything else that's good off of it.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

15. Member
    WOW!!!
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

16. Member
    Yep, WOW ! Glad everyone is ok most importantly

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

17. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    I hope this works out for you.

Glad no one was hurt. Boats can be replaced. Good Luck with everything.

19. Member
    hate that for you.but if no one got hurt in the end it can be replaced.maybe it was a lemon and you have been spared.just sayin

So now your up on murder charges???? Bad luck, hopefully his insurance fixes you up fast.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast