ethernet switch ?

so i just got the ultrex and have a 998c si on bow and onix 10 ct on console what all info will this share by using the switch ?.

2. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Yeah, except you are probably pretty limited by what control you may or may not have over the TM accessing from the 998.

Hopefully Wes is along shortly, as he is one of the few I know of that has mixed older & newer tech (by 2GENs) HB talking to a newer BT TM.
    I think he just picked up a H10 because his 11898/998 ain't happenin' with the UltreX.

Waypoints only from what I surmise of your mix.

No Sonar to Sonar sharing of ONIX and Helix.

No update has written to a 998 to give it BT GEN TM capability.

Chop Chop Wesley!!!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

3. Member
    was hopeing to be able to fallow conture functions tahts about it i know i can share waypoints but not mapping

4. Member
    If you connect all three units to the switch (998, ONIX, Ultrex), you can only share waypoints between 998 and ONIX. With the Ultrex connected, then spotlocks and itracks can be stored on either unit and gives you additional capacity. It will also give you some operations from either unit but you will have better compatibility with the ONIX to Ultrex than the 998. I've had a few trips with 1198 (bow), Helix12 and 998 (console) all networked with the Ultrex. The ipilot menus are totally different on the Helix than 998/1198.

I tried the circle mode by marking waypoint on a buoy from the bow 1198. I initiated the circle from the console and got surprised...LOL Since the waypoint was created with bow unit gps/transducer but initiated with the console unit and rear gps receiver, it created the circle using the rear transducer and back of boat as the reference. Came close to the buoy on one side and farther away on opposite side...LOL

So, I would recommend the Ethernet switch. BTW, just replaced my 1198 bow unit with a Helix10 SI/GPS G1 model for that same reason.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Ez - is the difference in ipilot menus different functions or just different order of functions / different look and feel? Wondering what I may be missing out on with my 1199? Not ready to spend a few $K for a new Helix or two, but curious what I might be missing from the ipilot standpoint.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

6. Member
    Not sure how well the Onix works with the I pilot link on the ultrex now but it is supposed to get the update next month that makes it more compatible
    Last edited by ntslam; 02-20-2017 at 10:11 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Ez - is the difference in ipilot menus different functions or just different order of functions / different look and feel? Wondering what I may be missing out on with my 1199? Not ready to spend a few $K for a new Helix or two, but curious what I might be missing from the ipilot standpoint.
    Not sure if 1199 would be same as 998/1198. The last software update on the 998/1198 was June2015 and not sure about the xxx9 series. Here's one example on the Helix and 998/1198 that is quite different. I also get a reference on some of the 998/1198 menus to Ulterra. I considered adding a cheaper unit at bow just for interface but was able to get the Helix10 to replace the 1198. I really didn't want to run 4 units...LOL

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

8. Member
    Here's example from 998/1198 that really got my attention...LOL

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818