RT188 LSS2 mounting

Finally pulling the trigger on an LSS2. For you guys with RT's, where are you mounting them (pics too if available)? I will still be running the standard 83/200 for 2d that is already mounted. Thanks!

2. Member
    You can see mine in the first RT188 video I did. It's pretty much the standard place to mount it on the starboard side even with the bottom of the hull. It's pretty much where the shop put it and I lose bottom at about 20mph.

I may play around with re-positioning it?

3. Member
    Thanks for the info, answered my question!

4. Member
    8theB8, how much spray do you get while running? Took mine out for the first time after mounting (same spot as yours) and seems like a higher level of spray then it should while running. Still need to play around with adjustments but the spray is my first concern.

5. Member
    I have my totalscan mounted behind the bunk channel. I have it at about .5" above the hull due to spray. I hold bottom until on plane 17mph. I played with it at different heights, never got a lock at speed so I raised it as high as I could to keep the spray down and to protect the transducer. Mounted .5 below the hull would soak my motor. When I had it mounted past the farthest chine, the spray was worse.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

6. Member