Humminbird Helix buttons sticking

Got the brand new Humminbird SI/GPS G2 and got a chance to run it this weekend. Noticed right away that buttons were sticking and locking into a pressed position. Also the unit would not recognize me pressing the power button and not powering down. Pulled the power cable to turn it off and restart the unit and it would not turn back on. Tried starting the unit again this AM and go figure it turned on...but the "view" button was sticking again.

Anyone else have these issues and do I need to contact Humminbird for a replacement?
    Last edited by fluke1987; 02-20-2017 at 11:38 AM.

2. Member
    Call HB. Beat the spring busy time.

Same problem here with a brand new H7 g2n Di

Maybe that's why they're offering a free remote.
    Last edited by duhwhat; 02-21-2017 at 07:38 AM.

4. Member
    My Helix 7 DI g2n...same story
    1992 Ranger 690
    1991 Johnson 150 Fastrike
    2014 Minn Kota Terrova 112 w/i-Pilot Link
    (Coming Soon) Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI GPS G2N
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI GPS G2N
    Helix 5 DI

Please check your PM,
    Deborah @ Humminbird

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HBirdDeborahCRC View Post
    Please check your PM,
    Wow!! Deborah...lurking around...serving customers LIKE A BOSS!!! Thank you ma'am!
    1992 Ranger 690
    1991 Johnson 150 Fastrike
    2014 Minn Kota Terrova 112 w/i-Pilot Link
    (Coming Soon) Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI GPS G2N
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI GPS G2N
    Helix 5 DI

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    That's how she rolls......

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

fluke1987, your pm box is full. Please check your email for a message from me. Thank you.
    Deborah @ Humminbird

9. Member
    Had the same problem from day 1 purchase of a new 998, called they asked if it was all the time? I noted that it seems to be when selecting screens or the power button. Was asked to work it in and see how it does, seem to get better and went a way for a couple trips. Issue came back and in a bad way, made the call and was then told it was out of warranty!!! I only wanted it fixed not a new unit or anything, Price to looks at it was over $300.00, after I got up off the floor I said no thanks and I will deal with it.
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

10. Member
    I have the same helix 7 di g2n. The + and - buttons stuck right out of the box. I used it for one day and the buttons stoped working. Just called HB and they told me that I have to ship it back to them to fix. So I have to pay to ship it back after one day of it working. I got it from universal mania, but they did a great job and I don't want to stick it to them. It is total bs that HB makes you pay to fix a flaw that other people have had. I was going to buy a helix 9 too, but having second thoughts now.

11. Banned
    Well thats not good to hear. I just bought the Helix 7 chirp di gps g2n. Haven't mounted it yet but I took it out of the box and the buttons seem fine no sticking. Maybe It'll be different when the unit is on

Just a follow up to this...big thanks to Deborah at Humminbird for getting my Helix 7 fixed quickly! Everything is working as it should now!

13. Member
    Fluke…
    glad they got you up and running. For those that are also having buttons sticking, or have bought new units themselves, could you tell us what HB really found to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickwalley View Post
    Fluke…
    glad they got you up and running. For those that are also having buttons sticking, or have bought new units themselves, could you tell us what HB really found to fix?
    In my case they replaced the key pad