Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Needing tires, any Goodyear endurance reviews?

Hello all, had a blowout on my single axle trailer yesterday and am looking for new tires. I'm running 215/75/14 marathons now, but have recently read the bad luck people have with them. I'm tempted to try the new Goodyear endurance as they are USA made, but haven't found any reviews yet since they are quite new. Anybody have any info on them yet. I've been looking at these as well as the maxxis m8008, starting to read on the Carlisle radial hd as well.

2. Member
    You have mentioned exact 3 I'm looking at and will purchase in a few weeks..it's been long overdue for US made tires to come back

3. Member
    Your exactly right, I can't believe we have went this long without honestly. Every tire company will have mixed reviews I feel like, Carlisle run about half price of the Goodyear, but I believe im going to try the Goodyear's. Maxxis seems to be the most recommended, but I've read quite a few negative reviews on them also. I'll keep you posted,hoping to get them ordered this week.

4. Banned
    I remember when Goodyear Marathons were good tires--before they became China Bombs.

Goodyear's made a good move bringing back North American built ST tires to the trailer world. There's a market for millions of such tires for boats, RV's, utility, horse and stock trailers. And in the near past, there have been virtually no good ST tires available. I just hope the new Goodyear ST tire is of very high quality.

I put Bridgestone Duravis R250's on my fifth wheel trailer when it was a week old--LT/E tires off a 1 ton truck. But such quality tires are unavailable in 14" tires commonly used on bass boats.

5. Member
    First set of marathons lasted 8 years..only reason I replaced them was a 13hr trip....second set lasted 3 and 3rd set 2 years..they suck to be honest

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Most of the boat trailer sizes of the Endurance aren't for sale yet.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    I just placed my order, I should have them Wednesday and hopefully mounted Friday when I get off work.

8. Member
    Carlisle is a stand up company and are working with me to pay for my tires and ruined boat fender after I just had a catastrophic blow out. Tires were a little more than 3 years old. This is the second time this has happened to me running Carlisle"s. Both tire failures were due to belt delamination. Second time I was running a tire pressure monitoring system. Tire blew at 52 psi.

9. Member
    That's bad luck. I hope you get it squared away soon. I drove about 60-70 miles on my new tires yesterday, seemed to do just fine. Only time will tell. I get to replace trolling batteries and a blend door actuator on my truck now. Both decided to die on me yesterday... just my luck haha

10. Member
    I just bought a set of the Goodyear endurance 215/75/14 to replace my 9 year old marathons on single axle trailer. Got them mounted last week had my tire installer install HP valve stems with 65psi. They towed good this weekend. They look good but butt time will tell if they measure up to the US made marathons. . My marathons started wearing on side I believe due to alignment issue. I ended up buying 4 with rebates so I have 2 for sale at a good price if anyone is looking for a set in central Al.

11. Member
    What is the max air pressure they are rated for ?

12. Member
    65 psi is the maximum. I will lower my air pressure to match my load better once I get that calculated.

13. Member
    Ok... glad they are higher than 50....I went to localtiredealer here and they can order me some...the marathons were 6 ply the endurance are 8 ply from what he said.

14. Member
    I called all my local shops and they cant get any until sometime in April, where are you guys finding them? I would really like to get some by mid March before I hit the road on a 700 mile round trip.

15. Member
    I ordered from tire rack. I ordered on a Monday and had them by Wednesday. If I remember correctly they shipped from NC

16. Member
    Runoff did you get the 205 or 215 size?

17. Member
    I ordered the 215/75/14, which was the same size tires I replaced. These are slightly wider, and just a hair shorter than my marathons. But I had no issues mounting, just remember to use high pressure valve stems when you have them mounted.

18. Member
    Ok just ordered a pair of 215/75/14 form Discount Tire Direct for $109 each free shipping. Tire Rack inventory said less than 2 in stock but both places were the same price.

19. Member
    Nice. Mine were $93 a piece but costed $32 to ship. When I looked discount tire wanted $218+ tax. Then $16 a tire for install. I had them at my door for $218 from tire rack, had them locally mounted and balanced for $25

20. Member
    Does anyone know if the 205 has 65psi rating?...that's what size is have always had

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast