Which readout to use?

Can't decide if I want mercmonitor, vesselview link or vesselview mobile. I like the idea of viewing on the sonar screen even though it's only 7". Right now I have no network built, starting from ground zero. I also like how mobile uploads everything but I dont want to watch my phone screen.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

2. Member
    IMO real estate is too valuable on a depthfinder. Especially if you do not have 12" screens.

I have the mobile unit. It is OK but the phone is not the best solution especially in sunlight. I think I am going to order a small cheaper tablet that has good sunlight performance and mount it on a ram mount.

The mercmonitor is the way to go IMO but it is more $. But, when you add the cost of a tablet to the mobile module now you are spending $ again.

3. Member
    I lose bottom lock while on plane so all I look at is maps. I do use an ipad or my phone to view/control the sonar (dash mounted) from the front of the boat via wifi. Im not too concerned with screen real estate. Vesselview link lets you control the motor..
    2016 Ranger RT178 white

4. Member

I want to be able to see my GPS on plane and be able to see my engine operation numbers at the same time. Not going to be looking at a phone at wot. So I leave the GPS to be a GPS and installed a Merc Monitor.

6. Member
    I thinking mercmonitor also
    2016 Ranger RT178 white

7. Member
    Mr c monitor is reading straight off PCM. IMO that's the way to go.