well, i finally got them both out this weekend

the skeg ground on the trolling motor helped a little bit, but there is still some interference on speed 5, but its not a biggie. I got the 7sv installed last Thursday. took it to lake and put boat in water. used a level and some change to see where level was at idle then took boat out and replicated height of boat on land and adjusted the transducer accordingly.

on the water, traditional and clearview works great, but im getting horizontal lines, on both sides of the sv. I will also say that these garmins seem very sensitive. I had a friend pull up in his boat 30 yards away and both my units went nuts. then I had a game warden check our licenses, and when pulled up, same thing.

the sv transducer wire only briefly comes close to any other wires, I have set noise reject settings to high. I have not check the common ground yet.

2. Member
    You need to get a picture of the lines on the sideview. There are a couple of different things that can cause lines but we need to see what they look like to tell which one it is.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    okay I will. I was going to this weekend but we were having so much fun video gaming them I just forgot. I had 2d with ascope and clear view on and I could see the fish relating to the bottom. I could watch my damiki rig go down and I would hoover it above their head and could see them, or the line come up and get it. absolutely amazing!

on question I have on my 2d is that it would show the depth up in the corner as say 30 feet. the actual sonar reading would be going across at 25 feet. I would drop down and when I would hit the red (bottom) the rig would disappear but I still had a few feet left of sink on the rig. do I need to adjust something to see the rig on the actual bottom?

4. Member
    I read about the keel offset. my transducer is pretty much in line with the deepest part of the keel, but I realize that the transducer is a couple feet under the water. it looks like I can measure this distance to the surface and enter a - number, but the distance between when the image of my rig and when I actually hit bottom was greater than the distance between the transducer and the waterline so im not quite sure whats going on. I cant adjust the back and forth of the transducer because it is mounted flush to the bottom of the tm with the hose clamp.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louievito View Post
    okay I will. I was going to this weekend but we were having so much fun video gaming them I just forgot. I had 2d with ascope and clear view on and I could see the fish relating to the bottom. I could watch my damiki rig go down and I would hoover it above their head and could see them, or the line come up and get it. absolutely amazing!

on question I have on my 2d is that it would show the depth up in the corner as say 30 feet. the actual sonar reading would be going across at 25 feet. I would drop down and when I would hit the red (bottom) the rig would disappear but I still had a few feet left of sink on the rig. do I need to adjust something to see the rig on the actual bottom?
    Im going to talk about that exact issue and go into the details of why it happens in this sonar interpretation thread in the near future.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=786451

The short version is - the bottom is sloped or uneven in the area covered by your sonar. That causes the digital depth number to be different than the line drawn on the screen. It also creates dead zones as far as coverage near the bottom.

Get some screen shots and we can take a better look at whats going on with the other stuff.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

6. Member
    will do thank you!