switching oils in ox66

been using quicksilver syn blend 2 stroke oil with no problems but am considering switching to Pennzoil. I read rich and others recommend it. should I switch and will it mix with the merc oil I have in the tank now. its low right now . what ya'll think motor is a 03 ox66 200 450hrs any advice
    Last edited by 1ranger487vs; 02-20-2017 at 03:54 PM.

2. Banned
    Up to you if you like to switch. Both oils are good and you shouldn't have trouble mixing it.

3. Member
    I use the Walmart brand Super Tech oil. It smokes a little bit more but I have never, ever had a problem with any 2-stroke motor whether it is outboard, weed eater, etc..

The President of our fishing group works at Truck-Pro and has used and promoted Super Tech for numerous years and there is only a couple of boats in our group that does not use it.

Not to knock any of the other oils.... just great for the $$.

4. Member
    Used boat I bought the previous owner has been using the walmart super tech in it since 09 in the OX66 250, it does smoke a bit but seems to be doing just fine! Im not going to switch.

5. Member
    I use both oils and mix them regularly.

Rich, which Pennzoil product do you recommend? Is it the Pennzoil Premium Plus?

7. Banned
    XLF or premium plus. Doesn't matter...

8. Member
    Why not yamalube

9. Member
    Burns dirty and leaves a lot of deposits. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Burns dirty and leaves a lot of deposits. Cj
    ^^ +1 ^^

I ran Yamalube the first six months. Had a warranty issue and they said I was having same issue. That's when I switched to Super Tech.

11. Member
    I just ordered a gallon of Penzoil full synthetic, will I be ok to top my tank off with it or should I let it get low before adding the new oil? My tank is currently a little less than half full and it has Yamalube in it now. My 175 HPDI doesn't use much oil at all so it will take a while for it to get low.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I just ordered a gallon of Penzoil full synthetic, will I be ok to top my tank off with it or should I let it get low before adding the new oil? My tank is currently a little less than half full and it has Yamalube in it now. My 175 HPDI doesn't use much oil at all so it will take a while for it to get low.
    wondering the same.

13. Member
    I just bought a '99 boat with the Yamaha 200 3.1L, the previous owner used Yamalube the whole time. Would it be OK to go ahead and switch to Pennzoil XLF or PP? He also never added Stabil or anything except for winterizing. How should I go about adding the Stabil and/or any other additive? One guy I know adds Stabil one tank and Seafoam the next, what do you guys recommend?

14. Member
    I use ringfree and a little star tron every tank