Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dustlane

Side Vü sonar 93SV question

While using Side Vü mode, is it possible to set a waypoint on a spot that isn't directly under the boat? I'm trying to set a waypoint on a stump that is 30 feet off to the left of the boat. I had both Lowrance and Humminbird units prior to getting the 93SV and in used that feature constantly. When I purchased the Garmin I just assumed it would also be able to do this but if it does I can't figure out how.

2. Member
    Use your direction arrows to move the bullseye over the stump and mark.

SE Kansas grass grower

Damn, I meant Select. Aaaarrgghh!!!
    Last edited by ring fry; 02-20-2017 at 06:58 PM.

ROCK CHALK

Hitting "Mark" will always save your current boat position, not the cursor location. Using the arrow keys, put the crosshairs on the object of interest on a sonar screen, the hit "Select".
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Dustlane
    The cursor doesn't move. I hit the arrow button and nithingbhappens

5. Dustlane
    I should mention that when I'm using the map I can move the cursor all over. But when I'm in Side Vü mode it doesn't happen.

6. Member
    There should be a section in your owners manual on how to mark waypoints in sideview. I dont know your unit so cant help other than to suggest you RTFM :)
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

7. Member
    You should be able to 'from a sonar screen' arrow over to the desired location and hit SELECT. Are you on 3,80? Shelfish was having trouble with the cursor keys until, I think, he did another Factory reset. May want to read his posts. Is this only sv, not dv?

8. Member
    If you are displaying MORE than just sideview screens, you need to have the sideview screen have "focus".

If you are in split screen you will need to make sure the side vu screen is selected, then use the up or down arrow to get the cursor. After that use up/down/left/right to put the cursor over the structure, then push select.

10. Dustlane
    When I am side vü only I can hit the up/down button which pauses the screen. This also allows me to move the cursor around. However, when I hit mark it puts the waypoint where the boat is. Not where the cursor is. I'm running the most current software. When I'm in general mapping I can move the cursor wherever make a waypoint wherever the cursor is. It just doesn't work at all in side vü. I love this unit but if this is normal I'm gonna have to do some upgrading.

11. Member
    You have to hit "Select" not "Mark"

Mark always marks the boats position.

Select marks the cursor position.

Quote Originally Posted by dustlane View Post
    When I am side vü only I can hit the up/down button which pauses the screen. This also allows me to move the cursor around. However, when I hit mark it puts the waypoint where the boat is. Not where the cursor is. I'm running the most current software. When I'm in general mapping I can move the cursor wherever make a waypoint wherever the cursor is. It just doesn't work at all in side vü. I love this unit but if this is normal I'm gonna have to do some upgrading.

12. Dustlane
    Not on my unit. If i'm in Side Vu mode the waypoint is placed wherever the boat is. I tested it. I mixed the cursor over 400 feet to the starboard side of the boat, hit select, and a waypoint was placed right where the boat was sitting. It's like the GPS is turned off when I'm using side vu

13. Member
    What software version are you running?

Make sure you have the latest, then do a factory reset. If that doesnt fix it, call customer support.

14. Dustlane
    Yeah I've done all that. I tried to call Garmin today but I couldn't find a number. Their website has a question/answer section but I couldn't find their number. I spend a little more time looking for their number tomorrow. But I have the current software (I have actually reinstalled it three times). I have done a factory reset five times so far. I've never had an issue out of this unit but it appears that my luck may be running out.

15. Member
    1 (888) 442-7646

913-397-8200

800-800-1020

16. Dustlane
    Sweet! I'll give them a call tomorrow. Unfortunately I've had my units for a little over a year so if there is in fact an issue it will be on my dime. If that's the case I'll just have to go shopping. But first things first. I'll call tomorrow. Thanks again!

17. Member
    dustlane--don't be too quick. I believe, if memory serves, that Garmin units all come with a flat-rate out of warranty repair policy. I don't remember the figure I was given before I purchased but it was less than 200 for as long as parts are available. Not just a few years and then goodbye. These are popular units so I would guess lots of parts in the pipeline. Another reason I was attracted to the brand. I'm not one to change often and that was a factor.

18. Dustlane
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    dustlane--don't be too quick. I believe, if memory serves, that Garmin units all come with a flat-rate out of warranty repair policy. I don't remember the figure I was given before I purchased but it was less than 200 for as long as parts are available. Not just a few years and then goodbye. These are popular units so I would guess lots of parts in the pipeline. Another reason I was attracted to the brand. I'm not one to change often and that was a factor.
    Yeah I'm just a tad gunshy after after dealing with Lowrabce a while back. But that's another story. Hehe

19. Member
    not sure of yours, but on my striker unit in sv I just move the arrows and a horizontal and vertical line appear and I just move each line to form a bullseye on the target and hit the check mark.

20. Dustlane
    Every other brand I've used works this way but for some reason mine doesnt. The arrow keys does nothing unless I am using a map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast