24 Tempest Plus vs. 24 Fury

I finally got my 2017 Triton 19Trx with 200HP Mercury Pro XS set up with a 24 Tempest Plus 3 blade. The p2p is 3 1/2, the holes shot is great and my top speed is 67.8 gps running 5750 rpms, 3/4 tank of gas and by myself. My question is will a 24 Fury 3 blade help out any on top end? The one thing I don't want to loose is my hole shot...

2. Member
    What is the water pressure? I'm running 3", 3-1/2" might be a little deep.

3. Member
    Unfortunately I don't have a water pressure gauge and I'm afraid to go much higher. I spoke with the mechanic at the dealership and he said a alarm would sound before it would possibly hurt the motor.

5750 is the max rpm for that motor. If you like the way the tempest runs a 25 might help a little on top end. 24 fury would drop your rpms right around where they need to be but Im not sure if you'll gain any on top.

5. Member
    Get a water pressure gauge, it's the most important gauge on the boat and if your mechanic says you don't need one find a new mechanic. That alarm means your already in an over heat mode and can end up voiding your warranty if your motor blows. Your lower unit has low water intake holes and it can run higher. Send that 24" tempest to Mark Croxton and have him work it since most even number tempests aren't very good out of the box. If you hitting the limiter now you really need a 25" tempest.
    Last edited by mdtritn21; 02-20-2017 at 09:54 AM.

6. Member
    The Prop you currently have will be perfect when the weather gets warmer.

7. Member
    When you say have him work it, do you mean Blueprint or just balanced? Also what are the plus sides of having this done?