Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help!!! Need to change my livewell drain valve I believe on 08 200 elite

Livewell won't keep water in it. Leaks off pretty fast. No water in hull so it's definitely draining out of the boat. Any help on what I need and a little instruction would be great! Thanks
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Valve for livewell. Down in bilge. I had to replace mine for the same reason. Your control is under your shifter. Some say off/on.

3. Member
    Got ya.. thanks Lea.. where's the best place to order this?
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS

4. Member
    https://flow-rite.com/products/marine/valves

here you go, V1 is probably what you need. That's what's on my 2007 200

Quote Originally Posted by newlookhomes1 View Post
    Livewell won't keep water in it. Leaks off pretty fast. No water in hull so it's definitely draining out of the boat. Any help on what I need and a little instruction would be great! Thanks
    I gotta ask, are you sure you're closing it all the way. It never leaked for me. It is kinda stiff to close. It might also have some debris in it keeping it from closing all the way.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    I gotta ask, are you sure you're closing it all the way. It never leaked for me. It is kinda stiff to close. It might also have some debris in it keeping it from closing all the way.
    The switch was almost froze up where it wouldn't hardly move. I did get it to finally move to the closed position but it still leaks off real fast. Cable seems real stiff so that may need replaced as well.. ill check for debris tomorrow, might have a fish stuck in there! Lol.. I'm gonna go ahead and put a new switch, cable and valve so it's good to go. It's a cheap fix.
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stvinson View Post
    https://flow-rite.com/products/marine/valves

here you go, V1 is probably what you need. That's what's on my 2007 200
    Do you also have the pump out button? Just curious if the pump out is a separate pump?.. as for my livewell switch, it's just open and closed so seems like the V1 would be right.
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS

8. Member
    Yes, the pump out is completely separate. The valve simply allows water to come in automatically or you can keep water out by keeping it closed.

9. Member
    Yes, the pump out is completely separate. The valve simply allows water to come in automatically or you can keep water out by keeping it closed.
    Thanks Stvinson!
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    You can get a repair kit from Flow-Rite rather than replacing the whole valve. If the housing is not cracked, the repair kit will do. Part # MA-060

11. Member
    Is the water leaking back into the boat or into the lake? On my 2007 200 elite, the pump out is plumbed into the same hose that the livewell drain valve is plumbed into. The pump out is immediately above the livewell valve. My pump out housing got a crack and the water was leaking out the pump out into the bilge area. Best thing to do is remove all your batteries and then remove the floor also, fill the livewell with water and find the leak. Good luck. I have some pics of the bilge area if you need them.

12. Member
    In my 2007 200 elite, the pump out and the livewell valve are plumbed into the same hose.

I have to change the valve out every two years, and the actuator cable runs through a hose, making it easy to replace. The hard part is getting enough room to connect the hose back on to the valve, at least it was for me.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OKDennis View Post
    Is the water leaking back into the boat or into the lake? On my 2007 200 elite, the pump out is plumbed into the same hose that the livewell drain valve is plumbed into. The pump out is immediately above the livewell valve. My pump out housing got a crack and the water was leaking out the pump out into the bilge area. Best thing to do is remove all your batteries and then remove the floor also, fill the livewell with water and find the leak. Good luck. I have some pics of the bilge area if you need them.
    No water in the bilge area. Also even tho your pump out is plumbed into the drain valve, it's still 2 separate units(pump out and drain valve) correct? Thanks
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RL552 View Post
    I have to change the valve out every two years, and the actuator cable runs through a hose, making it easy to replace. The hard part is getting enough room to connect the hose back on to the valve, at least it was for me.
    Every 2 years? Does it freeze up or start leaking? Seems wierd it only lasts 2 yrs? Should I try a different brand of valve? What are u using and only getting 2 yrs of life? Thanks
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS

16. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Just a note, guys....The valve actuator under the shifter can (and should) remain closed until you are on the trailer and want to empty the well. You do not need to open it to fill well. The Aerator will pump in water to fill the well when on manual setting. Switch to Auto and it will recycle water in and out (via over-flow) of the lake/well. If you have Hydro-Air, you can shut off Aerator and use Hydro to bubble air into well water. Do not use both simultaneously.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Just a note, guys....The valve actuator under the shifter can (and should) remain closed until you are on the trailer and want to empty the well. You do not need to open it to fill well. The Aerator will pump in water to fill the well when on manual setting. Switch to Auto and it will recycle water in and out (via over-flow) of the lake/well. If you have Hydro-Air, you can shut off Aerator and use Hydro to bubble air into well water. Do not use both simultaneously.
    Great info! Thanks
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newlookhomes1 View Post
    No water in the bilge area. Also even tho your pump out is plumbed into the drain valve, it's still 2 separate units(pump out and drain valve) correct? Thanks
    Yes, they are two separate units. Hose comes from the livewell and connects to the pump out. Out of the pump out is a short piece of hose (maybe 6") and that hose connects to drain valve. From the drain valve is another short piece of hose (maybe 6") to hull of boat.

19. Member
    Thank you for the description Dennis! I'm gonna dive into it tonight!
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS

20. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Here is something to think about before you do the repair. Install this and never have to worry about the cable or flappers again. Electric (12V) operated. Its normally closed so when you operate the switch the valve opens.
    https://www.joyfay.com/u-s-solid-3-4...-gas-fuel.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast