Helix 9 DI & SI connected with ethernet cable?

Where can I go to see how each picks up the other, so same display on both, like DI on both or SI on both?

DI in front SI rear ,but will want so both anglers can look at same screen front and back ? or all separate , connecting them will do this right? Have connected.

Other item is I want to use my sonar through hull transducer for slow and SPEED (not the SI 2D sonar portion on the transom mounted transducer)? Have Y cable connected, but how does it know which 2D sonar to pick up?

Newbie to this as you can tell - Thanks for any help !

Cold here so can't put in water yet,so to set on NORMAL setting.

2. Member
    Settings are under the Network Menu. There are tabs for each category (2D, Advanced, temp, GPS, etc). Select the source you want to use for each. Below is a link for the Ethernet Manual and there are several good videos on YouTube that Doug and others have released. The y-cable hardwires the shoot-thru hull transducer for 2D...it is not selectable and is for on-plane readings.

Ethernet Networking Manual:

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/S...oduct-Manuals/
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Awesome Thanks

4. Member
    Guess i'm blind,I don't even see the word Ethernet in manual or a section on it?

5. Member
    I can't find the network source, it goes to accessories only, it's on simulator?

6. Member
    Thanks guys, duh, have to turn them both on to have the network mode come up.

Thanks

7. Member
    Don't think there is much discussion in the basic operations manual about networking...that's why I believe they have a separate manual for it.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

8. Member
    Can't find the Ethernet manual on HB website?

9. Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Settings are under the Network Menu. There are tabs for each category (2D, Advanced, temp, GPS, etc). Select the source you want to use for each. Below is a link for the Ethernet Manual and there are several good videos on YouTube that Doug and others have released. The y-cable hardwires the shoot-thru hull transducer for 2D...it is not selectable and is for on-plane readings.

Ethernet Networking Manual:

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/S...oduct-Manuals/
    They removed advanced and added SI and DI as options now (at least on my G1 Helix 12). So you can use different sources for each.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    They removed advanced and added SI and DI as options now (at least on my G1 Helix 12). So you can use different sources for each.
    Probably same as mine...LOL It is different on the 998/1198 though. I don't have a lab like Wayne to verify settings...LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

12. Member
    Yea it is different than my 998 too. The clarity of the Helix G1 is just so much better. Puts my 998 to shame. Poor little guy.

13. Member
    LOL...the only reason I am hanging on to the 998 is for at console mapping and already have a ram mount on side of console that looks strange without a FF attached...LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

14. Member
    Thank you