Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Numbers on my G2 powered Z520C

Well after a few hours of break in which you don't have to do she ran 76 mph Thursday with my Croxton 26 Raker HO, am going to try my fast 26 Fury on it tomorrow and see what she will do. I truly believe I can get 77 with that Fury, it's one bad prop. I was by my self with full tank of fuel and my fishing junk. The hole shot was still about two seconds and running the best speed at 2 3/4 below the pad.

WOW!!! Awesome Rodney!!

Did yours start to chine walk at all? I have 2 12 talons so a little heavier but I hit 74.9 and started walking a lot scared me enough I slowed it down. I have Raker 2.

Great numbers! Need to get Croxton to work mine as well.

Damn Rodney that is haulin azz. G2 is impressive for sure

6. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Well after a few hours of break in which you don't have to do she ran 76 mph Thursday with my Croxton 26 Raker HO, am going to try my fast 26 Fury on it tomorrow and see what she will do. I truly believe I can get 77 with that Fury, it's one bad prop. I was by my self with full tank of fuel and my fishing junk. The hole shot was still about two seconds and running the best speed at 2 3/4 below the pad.
    Nice Rodney...................great boat Sir.......................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

7. Banned
    That is awesome speed Rodney

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abard1439 View Post
    Did yours start to chine walk at all? I have 2 12 talons so a little heavier but I hit 74.9 and started walking a lot scared me enough I slowed it down. I have Raker 2.
    No sir it didn't, I could let it chime walk if I wanted to, walking has never been anything that bothered me and not bragging by no means.

Great speed run Rodney!
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

10. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    That is a runner! I wish I lived closer to you Rodney, I would grab my cameras and video you it running with Chris' H2O Export app!!
    Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

From what I'm hearing and seeing, these G2s are really performing.

Wow...great numbers!

Did you ever run that 26 Fury?

14. Member
    Wait wait wait, I thought my brothers cousins uncle said that he heard g2's were the worst motor ever?

15. Member
    This cant be true.......All I hear is that Rangers cant go over 55 mph and G2's cant run on gas that's not straight from the refinery...........
    I'd agree with you , but then we would both be wrong

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    Did you ever run that 26 Fury?
    Yes sir I did after I sent it to Mark, now keep in mind the water temp was about 80 when I ran the Croxton Fury, it ran 74.5 with the same amount of weight. Over all I liked the Raker HO for my personal use. I also tried a Fury 4 out of the box and it was hitting on 73. BRP has the Raker dialed in real good with the G2, after Croxton work. I have a 18 G2 coming for my L boat.

17. Member
    OK Rodney.

You have all 3 major options and we all know our cousins, ex wifes, best friend, knows someone from prison that had an evinrude that failed on them... Why are you choosing to rig one on yours? I know why I made my choice but I'm curious about your reasoning?
    1994 Ranger 392
    1994 200 Johnson Venom Oops not any more
    2017 200ho G2
    The old girl has some serious kick now

18. Member
    new boat and no pictures???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Yes sir I did after I sent it to Mark, now keep in mind the water temp was about 80 when I ran the Croxton Fury, it ran 74.5 with the same amount of weight. Over all I liked the Raker HO for my personal use. I also tried a Fury 4 out of the box and it was hitting on 73. BRP has the Raker dialed in real good with the G2, after Croxton work. I have a 18 G2 coming for my L boat.

Awesome...Really good numbers...I've had a few G2s myself and to this point the Raker HO seems to be the prop for that motor...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickyrick View Post
    OK Rodney.

You have all 3 major options and we all know our cousins, ex wifes, best friend, knows someone from prison that had an evinrude that failed on them... Why are you choosing to rig one on yours? I know why I made my choice but I'm curious about your reasoning?
    I made the trip to Wisconsin four years ago when BRP reveled the new G2 before any one knew a thing about them. At that time I ran one and from then until now I have had one on my boat ever sense. I just love the torque and get up and go of the G2 not to mention the best gas and oil mileage by a long shot over any one else. Nothing at all wrong with the other two brands out there but the old days of drag racing on the water is still there for me, just love that torque both low end and mid range, not to mention how much that torque helps out in those five foot rollers on Ky Lake when the conditions are right. Add 30 mph north winds+ 100,000 cubic feet per second out the dam = five footers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast