Thread: Wiring help

Wiring help

My trim switches on the front are not working. So I went in to take a look and see if I could figure it out myself. When I took the Nav/Acc/trim panel off it was a cluster. I tried wiggling some wires to see if there was a short but I didn't find anything. Whoever owned the boat before me had wired things into the panel and clipped the wires before selling it to take the electronics off. Which wire is the hot wire in the panel? I found a black wire just hanging out. There is a white wire too. I need a diagram if anyone has one so I can start over.
    Thanks. Jesse
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

Look down in the foot recess and there is a switch beside the foot pedal. Turn that one on and it is a master for the bow switches. We had some complaints from fat footed folks, and amazingly we get much more of this than previous complaints. If its not that, then it's a wire knocked off and removing the panel is next.

3. Member
    I took that out too. I'm trying to figure out which wire is the hot wire. There is a white, green, blue and a white with black stripe. The green and blue are for the trims I know, but I can't find power.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

power will be red or purple.

5. Member
    Could you send me a wiring diagram as to where I connect each wire to make the panel work again. I will just run new wires from the back.
    Thanks.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

Please contact your dealership or service.

7. Member
    Have you tried using a voltmeter to see if either the white or black stripe carries 12v? Get an extension cord and try to hook it up to carry the negative from the starter battery to the front. If either one is the hot, I’ll bet it’s the white.
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

8. Member
    The master power should be fed from the battery, then hot coming off it to the panel. I would start by making sure power is getting to the master. As to the black wire, it is usually ground. Ground does not go through the switch, but is used to feed the light on lighted switches.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]