Using Hydraulic Jackplate

I just got a hydraulic jackplate installed on my 2015 Cougar/250 ProXS.

Where do you set it for maximum holeshot? Down? then trim up and out after breakover?

Thanks!
    Karl Dietz
    2015 BassCat Cougar FTD
    250 Mercury ProXS/Fury 26

Helix 12 Gn2 Mega SI
    Helix 12 Chirp SI
    1159 Ci HD

Up for hole shot, then immediately start down for performance and tip it up a bit at a time till you have just a slight amount of torque. If you have too much steering torque pulling on your arm, then your too high and slipping.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Up for hole shot, then immediately start down for performance and tip it up a bit at a time till you have just a slight amount of torque. If you have too much steering torque pulling on your arm, then your too high and slipping.
    Got it! Thank you!
    Karl Dietz
    2015 BassCat Cougar FTD
    250 Mercury ProXS/Fury 26

Helix 12 Gn2 Mega SI
    Helix 12 Chirp SI
    1159 Ci HD

4. Member
    I thought for hole shot all the way down was best then you raise it. I'm confused. I toordered am getting ready to get new boat and will be ordering with hydraulic jp

5. Member
    all the way down will create too much drag and slow your holeshot. you want to raise it as high as possible without overrev as the boat breaks over on plane. Some overrev is OK (1-2 sec).

6. Member
    Phil,
    I have a Hyd jackplate on the Eyra I ordered. Is there a recommended height on the jackplate for best hole shot? Or is it going to be boat specific? I had a hyd jackplate on my Cougar and I always thought you had to have it buried to get the best hole shot. Going on 9 years of running Basscats and I'm still learning.

It is going to be boat, propeller, engine and load specific. The variables change engine heights some.