mikesxpress

Florida trip pic's

2 weeks on Okeechobee, Istakpoga, Stick Marsh, and Garcia. Added some more to the caught that list.
    80 degrees shorts/flops whole trip.

Cane fields burn

Stick Marsh

5.8lb fish comparison

Frog choke

Last edited by mikesxpress; 02-19-2017 at 06:21 PM.

2. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Nice fish. Doc was just in Florida for two weeks also . He caught a peacock bass, one fish that is still on my bucket list. So now I hate him, and I have not caught a 10# bass so now I guess I add you to the list along with Doc, Gunny, Deepcreek. Seriously, you are living the life, the way someone deserves to live in retirement. You earned it Mike and I'm happy for you that you are getting to really enjoy it.

3. mikesxpress
    Thanks Bruce. I have 10's on the wall and a 14.4. All SC caught fish. Has to be over 15 for another mount.

The bream is 2lbs 6 oz.

4. Member
    Geez Mike, you just ruined my day. Kidding of course, but I am filled with envy. Is that smoke in the distance from the sugar plant that the environmentalists hate?

5. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by HalBrown View Post
    Geez Mike, you just ruined my day. Kidding of course, but I am filled with envy. Is that smoke in the distance from the sugar plant that the environmentalists hate?
    Maybe???
    Burn off of the cane fields. Annual spring thing down there.

6. Member
    Dude! .... all great pics but I really like the 5 vs 10. Thanks for posting.

Now those are bass! Looks like great weather to boot. Thanks for the pics.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Great pics Mike, it was finally good meeting you in person. Don't forget those saltwater fish too! That's not the factory burning smoke, it the actual sugar cane fields, they burn them off to get all the leaves off the stalk then go in and harvest it, I think it also helps crystalize the sugar, not sure on that though. They begin burning in December and will continue till all the fields are done generally around april. Stuff grows about as fast as corn, something like a half inch a day. They do rotate the canefields with cornfields, at least it appears that way.

9. mikesxpress
    Yep. Cane fields burned up to the waters edge. Glad the wind wasn't blowing it over the lake.

10. mikesxpress
    It's a great trip for a couple weeks. May extend it a week next year and go the 1st of Feb. The spring time stuff is tolerable with highs maxed out in the mid 80's. Couldn't do the summer months there. In Feb when the wind stops and the nats pack down on you and the boat. Head net mandatory. Wearing a buff just fogs your glasses and they still get under the lenses. Step outside after dark with no wind you better have your Thermocell or be coated with skeeter dope. Down sides to everything....

11. Member
    I can see you are just hating retirement!! Nice fish!

If I wasn't lost, I'd surely know where I was going!

12. mikesxpress
    Coming up on three years retired now. Don't know how I had time to work............