2011 Mercury 60hp 4 Stroke leaking fuel

SN#1C153522
    Hello I have a mercury 60hp 4 stroke leaking fuel. Below is the pics of what I found. The black part in the pics with the fuel lines going into it is leaking fuel around the top gasket. What is this part called? Can i just change the gasket or do i have to change the whole part? Is this easy to change?
    Thanks for your help.

2. Banned
    That is the fuel cooler. Looks to be a sealed unit. Sold as an assembly only.

Here is a link to the Mercury parts catalog. Type your serial number in the box at the top of the page. Then click on the 60 four stroke for the USA. Then click on the Vapor Separator.

https://public-mercurymarine.sysonli...=englangDB=eng

One screw holds it to the VST. Three hose clamps and what looks to be a quick release fitting.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-22-2017 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Copyright

3. Member
    I have ordered the part. Just wanted to make sure all I have to do is replace reconnect the hoses and test by starting and look for any leaks. Hoping I want need to take this to a shop and can replace myself. Any do's or don'ts I should know about?

I do not know if the cooler comes with the hose clamps - but if not. make sure you also buy the correct ones.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    892267A55 is the correct Fuel Cooler. You will need to order the Oetiker Clamps as individual clamps (separately).

Jethro- please do not post Copyrighted Materials in the forums. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    892267A55 is the correct Fuel Cooler. You will need to order the Oetiker Clamps as individual clamps (separately).

Jethro- please do not post Copyrighted Materials in the forums. Thanks!
    Even if Mercury Marine gives me permission?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you have WRITTEN (verifiable) permission from Mercury Marine, or Brunswick Corporation, sure.

Otherwise, please DO NOT post copies or snippets of COPYRIGHTED works. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Banned
    Don't have written permission. I just call them up and talk to Blade or Jody, tell them what I want to do, and they said no problemo.

I think the concern is when Mercury proprietary data is being sold or used for profit. If and when it is in the public domain, and being used for the purpose for which it was issued, to offer advice and counsel to Mercury outboard motor owners, Mercury seems to not have a problem. In fact, they seemed to be surprised that I was even seeking their OK.

In fact, the posting of Mercury data to help a fellow Mercury owner might save Mercury Marine from having to take a call and spend their money in responding to it.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Been down this road before, Jethro. Permission to use a copyrighted work must come from the copyright holder (in this case, it would be a high-ranking corporate officer or the legal department).

Not something we're going to debate... written permission: Fine. Otherwise, we don't post it.