Set Up Results for a Fury 4

A lot of you helped me so I just wanted to give back. I run a 04 Triton TR20X DC with a 225 Opti. I have a 36V system and therefore four batteries, but no power poles. My PTP is 2.56" below and my height above transom is 5.25".
    I was running a Trophy Plus 26P and was not happy with the hole shot or the top end. That led me to the Fury 4.

I bought a 25P Fury 4 from Rothwell Marine. The price was right and they were great. I ran it this week end at Lake of the Ozarks, water temp 46 degrees.

First of all, stepping down from a 26 to a 25 pitch was perfect. Secondly, there was no need to plug any of the holes.

I got out onto the lake late so there was a lot of boat traffic and chop. The hole shot with one person and empty live wells was explosive. The mid range acceleration was everything advertised. The bow was held up higher and it accelerated quickly. I hit 70.5 mph (1.2 faster than m,y previous top end speed. I was not at WOT nor 5800 rpm(s). The water conditions would not allow more but I know I can get another 2 mph easily. It was phenomenal, well worth the price. I am going to raise the motor 1/4" before I go out again.

I went back and picked up my partner who weighs 300 lbs and filled both live wells to the top. I was running on a full tank of gas. The hole shot was reasonable given the weight and the mid range acceleration was still impressive.

I learned a lot in this endeavor and want to thank everyone for their help and advice.

TRC

2. Member
    You may find it will run better lower not higher. Every one that reports on here says it runs better lower on the plate like a regular fury but carries the bow better.
    Last edited by mdtritn21; 02-19-2017 at 11:45 AM.