Champion 203 Trailer Question

First post here... Been a fan of BBC for a long time and the advice the members give and have finally came around to sign up. Anyway, I purchased a 1999 Champion 203 last fall. Love the boat, but have noticed that the bow eye sits about two inches higher than the bow roller under no pressure from the bow strap. You really have to crank it down for the bow to sit on the roller well.... and really having the bow slap that roller while your driving down the road is currently unavoidable. Something's not right. I'm thinking it could be that I need to replace the bunk boards-- or the previous owner had boards that didn't fit. The two center boards measure 12'9'' (seems a bit long) and the two outer ones are 8'9''. I don't know what else could be going on and I welcome the BBC community's advice.

2. Member
    Need Pictures

Don't know about your bow eye but check your leaf springs. Those trailers were notorious for collapsing leaf springs. I had a 2000 Champion 203.

4. Banned
    Go to the CHAMPION BOATS board and those guys will get you straight.

http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Welcome

6. Member
    I had a 99 203 and I completly redid the trailer had it powder coated. You measurements on the bunks sound about right. Isnt there a bolt on the winch stand that would let you move it up or down?

7. Banned
    Is the bow roller not mounted on the trailer with U bolts, on most trailers you can usually move the bow roller back or forward, sounds like you may need to move yours back.

8. Member
    There is no u bolt or anything that would allow me to adjust the height of the roller. It's all welded.

9. Banned
    Doesn't adjust up and down, slides on the trailer, towards or away from the tongue, I'm looking at a 2001 champion trailer right now thats has this adjustment, I am fairly sure all boat trailers do.
    Last edited by Legend LE-195; 02-18-2017 at 09:44 PM.

10. Member
    It slides forward and back on my 98 203... I highly doubt they changed the trailer design in 99.