Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    I picked up 2 of these a little over a year ago after having some entry level Mustang's. http://www.cabelas.com/product/boati..._SEQ_104399280

One other thing to consider is it's not necessary to drive balls out all the time....just sayin'

2. Member
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but since it's related I'll post. Most if not all Tins do not have a boarding ladder. So in my boat, stored in the back, drivers side compartment ( for ease in grabbing) I have a homemade strap. On one end is a stout caribiner hook. Then about a three foot strap with a foot stirrup on the end. Easy enough to get one foot into. In the event of an emergency you snap it onto the boat cleat that's nearby. Grab the loop and insert your foot. Then you are able to push your weight over the edge where you can then crawl up to safety.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

I will have a ladder on my boat. I have never had any incidents at max throttle before, but going from 30 in a deep vee to 50 in a mod vee has me concerned that I may encounter a situation that I don't have experience with. I'm sure by the end of the year I will be comfortable with where the limits are on the boat, but until I have that experience, I'm hoping for the best and planning for the worst.

4. Member
    Has no one tried using the outboard motor instead of a ladder? Try it in the summer when you feel like playing around in the water. Use the trim button until you can step on to the boat. It actually easier than a boarding ladder. Someone posted a video showing this a while back.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

5. Member
    I think you'll be fine in a mod V - those hulls usually have a wide pad and not enough lift to really get you in a bind. Especially at 50. Once you hit 70 then a lot of things change and the laws of physics become much more important :)

6. Member
    I have a few onyx in my boat for guests. I have a mustang hit with something like 38 pounds of flotation. Hands down the mustang fits better. I can tell that it will not crawl up my body. I do not feel the same about aim models. They will work and when inflated are a good vest but they don it feel as secure as the mustang.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12