Banned

Steering cable confirmation

Mornin' all,
    1997 186 DCX Elite with 175 merc. It does have a jack plate.

I followed the measuring guides and determined that i would need 12 foot cables. I was hoping to confirm that before I ordered them.

For cost reasons I'm sticking with the cables instead of converting to hydraulic.

Love my Champ! Thank you all

Tom

2. Member
    One way to confirm it is to pull the cables out and should be a part number on it...more than likely they are teleflex...im not sure on your boat if it's 2 single cables or 2 cables combined and i do know that there is a couple differant variations of the single cable in 12 foot lenghts on the rack end..they have a wide and a narrow rack mount.....if you do pull cables tie a rope to one end of the cables and when you pull the cables out it will pull the rope threw and just tie new cable on rope and pull the new cable thru with the rope.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

3. Banned
    Thanks Bruce. Couldn't find any numbers on the cables themselves. I do know they are separated. I have not pulled them out to confirm any numbers. I have a friend doing the swap for me. He's outta work right now and could use the spare $