Well had to call 911 for Dad again

He's been having pains all week but would not leave Mom to go to the ER. Well today at about 4 he had another. Nitro didn't really help. After EMS got here he still didn't want to go. I had enough and told him to shut up he was going to the hospital. Hard headed
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Been there before. Dad had a stroke one time and laid there til the morning before Mom called me. I went to the house and told him to call or I would carry him to the Ambulance myself. Just realize the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Prayers sent.

3. Member
    Been there myself with my folks, be patient. Prayers to your family.

BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

for you and the family rb.

Going to update everyone
    Lets go back a while. A couple of years ago Mom had a small spot of cancer on her lung. They set her up for radiation knife treatments at CMC Concord. After her second treatment late that night Dad had a heart attack and wound up getting a stint. Well a couple of weeks ago Mom found out another place had showed up on her lung and the were setting her up for another round of radiation treatments. Well late last Saturday night Dad started having chest pains and Mom finally called 911 around 10 Sunday morning. I went to CMC Concord and met him in the ER. They did blood work and monitored him and admitted him. That afternoon a cardiologist came by and said he didn't think it was a heart attack. At 7 that night he had another brutal chest pain. I went and got the nurse they did another EKG and blood work through the night. Next day they released him without any more test being done. While he was in the hospital my wife went down and got Mom and brought her to our house and I brought Dad home too. Monday night he had another small pain. This continued for most of the week. HE REFUSED TO BACK TO THE HOSPITAL. He insisted he had to take care of Mom. Well yesterday morning at 4 he had a bad pain attack so we called 911 with him saying no no. They took him to Iredell and their blood work and EKG found he did have a heart attack. So he will get cathed tomorrow. Luckily Jane works in the lab at Iredell. See will stay with him during that while I take Mom for treatments which start tomorrow. So for now I have put my surgery on hold, looks like I'll have to go another year with bad hands because my new flock of chickens will be coming the first week in April. Hopefully a stint is all Dad will need. Thanks everyone
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

7. Member
    RB i feel your frustration been there before . Parents are with us for a fleeting time . Caring for a loved one is stressful at best, Prayer's and time will be your friend.